JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Frugal Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f88-frugal-mommies/)
-   -   Selling some of my stockpile. :( Want some? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f88-frugal-mommies/2246934-selling-some-my-stockpile-want-some.html)

Mom 2 Alayna N Hayden February 12th, 2011 08:05 AM

Selling some of my stockpile. :( Want some?

We're moving in 2 weeks and I can't take it all with me. Things like toothpaste, deodorant, razors, shampoo/body wash, and dish/laundry soaps will be going with us since we will obviously need and use them regularly, but 2/3 of my hand soaps, and all of my AirWick iMotions are being sold, as well as probably over half of my Gillette and Nivea Men's body wash since DH makes a bottle last for 4 months. I'm going to sell what I can and then donate whatever is left over.

The Air Wicks will be sold for $2 each (reg 7.99), Gillette and Nivea for $1 (reg 3.99), and Dial hand soap for .50 each (reg 1.30 or so).

It really sucks. :( I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the possibility of really scaling my couponing down due to WA not having any stores that double and triple. I'm not a big fan of WAGS or CVS, but I guess I'll have to switch, though I won't get anywhere near the deals I'm used to. :cry:

It probably seems strange to be so upset (I've been crying a lot over this), but this is the first hobby I've ever had. The first thing that I've ever done JUST for me, yet also did wonderful things for my family. It's MY thing and I love doing it. I love being able to help my family and neighbors, and love the look of awe my husband gives when he sees my cheap, but plentiful scores. Lol.

Anyways. It sucks, but it needs to be done. The moving pods won't transport liquids, so we can only take what will fit in my trunk.

3OhioBoys February 12th, 2011 11:05 AM

Re: Selling some of my stockpile. :( Want some?

Do you think you could try to sell some on eBay? I just did a quick look out of curiosity and the Nivea is selling on there (in a lot of 6). I am sure the others are too. It can be a pain to have to get it all to the post office when you are busy with other things but if you have it all end on the same day and require payment within 24 hours you can get it out pretty fast and only have to make one trip to the Post.

:( Sorry. And good luck with the move!

Caelen February 12th, 2011 01:50 PM

No advice, but I wanted to say that it doesn't sound strange at all. It was your hobby, you enjoyed it. I can see why you're upset.

ashleighgurl February 12th, 2011 04:11 PM

I can see why you would be upset. It was your hobby, something that you enjoyed doing and something that helped your family. :( They take away the double coupons here sometimes, and it always upsets me.

gctattoo February 13th, 2011 09:48 AM

I would look into either having a garage sale if it's warm enough where you live or try listing on Craigslist. I think taking shipping costs out of the equation would give you a better profit.

Then you'd have more seed money to work on building your stockpile back up in your new home. Don't count out WAG or CVS for great deals. The limits at CVS have declined recently, but not so at WAG. I think you'll be surprised at how easy it will be to rebuild. ;)

mommy2Breana+Brandon February 14th, 2011 06:10 AM

I can understand why you are upset. I agree try selling or ebay or craigslist

Mom 2 Alayna N Hayden February 14th, 2011 06:40 AM

Thanks ladies. I think I've worked out a solution with a great friend of mine. Her DH lost his job and she makes gorgeous hair bows, so she is going to come dig through my stockpile and reimburse me with hair bows! :)

escalada99 February 14th, 2011 09:11 AM

So sorry to hear you are having to sell off some of your stock pile. Maybe you will be able to pick it back up in WA. However, I am glad to hear you have found a resolution! That is wonderful!