JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Frugal Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f88-frugal-mommies/)
-   -   What was the last BIG purchase you made? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f88-frugal-mommies/2660267-what-last-big-purchase-you-made.html)

ashleighgurl June 20th, 2013 11:55 PM

What was the last BIG purchase you made?

What was the last BIG purchase you made?

What it a complete splurge, or did you save money on it?

2pinks&ablue June 22nd, 2013 07:33 PM

Re: What was the last BIG purchase you made?

I bought a new laptop a few days ago, it was something I needed for work and it was on sale :)

ashleighgurl June 23rd, 2013 08:44 PM

Nice! :)

We bought airline tickets! Does that count? We are going to visit some family. They are expensive, especially now that we have to buy a seat for our daughter.

MDS0307 July 23rd, 2013 08:02 AM

Our house! We just bought it at the end of May. We did get a good price on it...still a bit of a splurge though. :p

alexx December 10th, 2013 09:43 AM

New TV! Finally splurged and got a smart TV, and what a great decision it was. Technology these days amazes me.

LUSHaye December 15th, 2013 08:12 AM

Ughhhh...all of this holiday shopping. Particularly Black Friday, but the days before and after for online shopping added into that...jeez louise. Provided it's things that we've been needing for a while and I'm just too cheap to pay full price...but still.
Other than that...it was probably my macbook a few years ago.

catmom11 May 11th, 2014 01:38 AM

The most recent, we bought a refrigerator since the old one broke already. It was not total splurge since it was on sale at 25% discount on cash purchases. :D

ashleighgurl May 13th, 2014 11:52 AM

Love the discount!

Once again, my most recent purchase was airline tickets. I am planning on getting a "new to us" truck in the next few months. We have been holding out for a really good deal, though.

Kayakgirl July 22nd, 2014 10:23 AM

We just bought a set of wooden bunk beds. We are moving our daughter into a big girl bed to make room for the upcoming new baby in the crib and we looked all over for just the right bed. We ended up deciding on bunk beds that come apart - we just set up the top bunk in her room (it's got rails on it so I don't have to worry about her falling out) and the bottom bunk is still boxed up in the basement for baby when she is big enough for it.
The beds were really expensive, but we wanted a quality product that would last their whole childhood, and I wanted something solid that didn't seem flimsy when they climbed on it. It was a big purchase but we thought long and hard about it and we're happy with it. And we did save 20% from the sale the furniture store was having. :)