JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Frugal Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f88-frugal-mommies/)
-   -   Wednesday Woes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f88-frugal-mommies/574727-wednesday-woes.html)

paganempath May 16th, 2007 06:36 AM

My vent is one that I have all the time! Long story short: one of my cats is kinda old and she has what I call a "poo problem." Which means that she basically poops wherever she sees fit and it's usually pure liquid. I don't know what this cat's problem is. I keep the litter box clean so there is no reason for her not to go in there. She used to use the litter box just fine.

So I heard DH with the carpet cleaner this morning. And I thought I'd be able to escape cleaning it up just this once. But I was wrong. She had again gone everywhere after he left for work. Plus he couldn't get the cleaner to work this morning so he'd attempted to scrub the spots with laundry detergent. Not to mention that we now have to do laundry today since she went all over my stepson's bed and the towel we keep on our couch for just such an occasion. Oh, and she decided to pee all over the rubber mat that I keep her litter box on so that was an extra treat for me.

So there I am-- my whining child in her crib, sweating profusely, my stupid glasses(I usually wear contacts) sliding down my nose, while I try to clean the carpet. And the carpet cleaner that we JUST BOUGHT and have only used once, won't work. The brush won't turn and I was not about to try to figure out what's wrong with it. So I had to use the tiny spot scrubber which barely does anything at all. It took freakin' forever and it's still not clean. And the carpet is wet and gross so Alisha can't be on the floor today. So her play yard is in the kitchen now.

Can I have just one day in my entire life where nothing goes wrong? I seriously hate my life. And I hate my cat. Anybody want a cat? ARGH!!!!!

CBMS May 16th, 2007 07:28 AM

I think that might be why I'm not a cat person. :P

I prefer my big german shepherd. :lol: (although, he's 13, and his breath is smelling like he's rotting from the inside out! blech!)

My whine is that I didn't have a good appointment yesterday. :( I was all psyched thinking I'd get some kind of confirmation on my pregnancy going okay (since I feel NOTHING). But no. She didn't touch my stomach at all, didn't do an exam. Didn't try for a heartbeat. Nothing. :cry: I don't feel pregnant, and I have no more comfort than I did before...

*sigh*

and besides that... I'm tired. My baby is still waking up EVERY NIGHT. I just want a decent night's sleep. My husband won't sleep in the bed with me any more because he goes in the room and has an allergy attack--I have cleaned and vacuumed and scrubbed in an attempt to get whatever it is out of the room, but to no avail. So he just sleeps on the couch while I get woke up twice a night by the baby....... ugh

paganempath May 16th, 2007 08:55 AM

I'm sorry that you didn't have a good appointment. Maybe she figures that it's just too early to check for the heartbeat or to perform an exam. On the up side, at least she doesn't think you'll have a high risk pregnancy or she'd surely be more aggressive and want betas and ultrasounds. But I absolutely understand your need to know something, anything since you're worried about it. I would insist on trying to find the heartbeat at your next appointment. You have every right to request something so simple as an attempt with the doppler. I didn't even have my first appointment with Alisha until I was 18 weeks along. That was such a long 18 weeks. Even though I had no problems, I was sure there was something wrong. I think it's normal for you to worry about it-- it means you love that little booger. :P Who, by the way, is going to be a boy. Mark my words.

~Jess~ May 16th, 2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Who, by the way, is going to be a boy. Mark my words.[/b]
I was thinking the same thing!!! Women don't get as sick when they're preggo with boys. Something about the testosterone. YAY! A boy! Boys are the BEST!

mom of 3 boys May 16th, 2007 05:05 PM

My woe/whine/whatever is that we don't have all of the good deals around here that everyone talks about!!!!! I am not getting a CVS circular yet because our new CVS is not yet finished, though they do have others in the area, so I did not get a $3 coupon and our CVS has Huggies for $8.99, not $7.99. No fair!!! And, we don't have Publix or Winn Dixie around here, so I can't join the baby clubs!!!!! Also, I am not getting anymore Enfamil checks, just Similac ones and no one seems to need those to trade anymore :frown: Oh well, enough whining!!!

paganempath May 16th, 2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

My woe/whine/whatever is that we don't have all of the good deals around here that everyone talks about!!!!! I am not getting a CVS circular yet because our new CVS is not yet finished, though they do have others in the area, so I did not get a $3 coupon and our CVS has Huggies for $8.99, not $7.99. No fair!!! And, we don't have Publix or Winn Dixie around here, so I can't join the baby clubs!!!!! Also, I am not getting anymore Enfamil checks, just Similac ones and no one seems to need those to trade anymore :frown: Oh well, enough whining!!![/b]
Well, if it's any consolation, at least you have the coupon train coming your way. Maybe it'll be chock full of coupons that will save you tons of money so that your CVS troubles will pale in comparison. And I didn't get the $3 coupon either because I was laboring under the delusion that there would be no coupons in the paper due to Mother's Day. And I was wrong.

Do any of the supermarkets near you have a baby club? You might get lucky and find one that does. Good luck!

P.S. Enfamil is so stingy, aren't they? I got way more checks from Goodstart. I never got a thing from Similac. And you're right-- no one wants them anyway.