JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Frugal Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f88-frugal-mommies/)
-   -   I made the plunge... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f88-frugal-mommies/739636-i-made-plunge.html)

Mama2Miracles September 21st, 2007 07:28 PM

I bought 10 reusable bags at Kroger today so that I could stop destroying the world one plastic bag at a time. :lol:

I think they're pretty nifty actually. I turned them all inside out so the Kroger logo wouldn't show. Otherwise I'd feel bad about using them at Meijer.

~April~ September 21st, 2007 07:35 PM

Really? How much did they cost? I've been wanting to do this, but I always forget about them when I'm there.

Quote:

I turned them all inside out so the Kroger logo wouldn't show. Otherwise I'd feel bad about using them at Meijer.[/b]
Now this is a good idea!!

Mama2Miracles September 21st, 2007 07:37 PM

They're only 0.99 each!! I thought that was a pretty good deal.

mommyinky September 21st, 2007 07:41 PM

I ought to shell out that money to buy them since so many of my trips I don't buy all that much, but knowing me, I would end up leaving them at home anyway!!!

Mama2Miracles September 21st, 2007 07:44 PM

I know, I told my DH he HAS to remind me. The only thing I'm a little nervous about is that I will get looks like I'm trying to shoplift since I'll be wheeling around all these bags (well actually they're not bulky at all, but you know what I mean).

~April~ September 21st, 2007 07:45 PM

Oh heck yeah! I'm buying me some 99c reusable bags!!

frgsonmysox September 21st, 2007 07:45 PM

I want to do this but Chris put his foot down.

~April~ September 21st, 2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

I want to do this but Chris put his foot down.[/b]
Did you try to get him from the environmental angle?

Mama2Miracles September 21st, 2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Oh heck yeah! I'm buying me some 99c reusable bags!![/b]

I know!!! I couldn't believe they were so cheap. And they seem pretty sturdy too. They come with a little reinforcement flap you can put in the bottom for heavier things.

frgsonmysox September 21st, 2007 08:37 PM

yeah. Thats why I want them. I'm totally into the environment thing, and he doesn't mind for the most part because it saves us money... but he said no to the bags because we get ones for "free".

GinaOfAllTrades September 21st, 2007 08:47 PM

I am thinking about buy the ones at Publix. They are the only store around here that sells them. They are around $1.50 per bag.

~Kris~ September 21st, 2007 08:49 PM

Jewel has them by me, but I highly doubt I would buy any of them. I think they are a buck.

Mama2Miracles September 21st, 2007 09:06 PM

I'm stoked about mine. I usually have the same couple cashiers each place I go anyway so they'll probably just get a kick out of it.

MandiK September 21st, 2007 10:34 PM

I have three giant (and I do mean GIANT) blue reusable bags that I got from IKEA. They're made of the same thing boat tarps are. They're amazingly strong, as I repeatedly prove by filling them with canned goods. They basically rock. Total cost? Less than $3. Oh how I love you environmentally friendly swedish IKEA designers. :inlove:

Mama2Miracles September 21st, 2007 10:41 PM

I saw those on ebay! I was a little worried about piling so much stuff in the bags together though. I like the ones I got, there just a little bigger than a plastic bag so they should hold a decent amount.

~Trina~ September 21st, 2007 10:59 PM

Cub foods has them for $1 too