JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Frugal Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f88-frugal-mommies/)
-   -   Looks like I'm going to make my budget!!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f88-frugal-mommies/739923-looks-like-i-m-going-to-make-my-budget.html)

~April~ September 22nd, 2007 06:16 AM

I am so proud :D

I set my grocery budget at $350 this month. Right now I am at $168.20 :bluecheer: :bluecheer: . I can spend $181.80 before I even reach my budget (not that I a planning on doing that)!!! I am about ready to do a happy dance...DH was wondering why we had extra money this month. I didn't tell the reason because he will expect this every week.

GinaOfAllTrades September 22nd, 2007 06:23 AM

Oh YAY! :bluecheer: I have to put in my shopping yesterday in the grocery challenge but I think I am going over.

I don't see how you ladies are saving so much. Well I do see how the problem is that I don't seem to be able to duplicate it :( maybe within time.

But YAH for being under budget :cheer: :bluecheer::cheer: :bluecheer:

~April~ September 22nd, 2007 06:28 AM

We are able to do it because we have so much. There is not much that we need so we only buy the things that are on an awesome sale. It takes awhile to get to that point.

~Kris~ September 22nd, 2007 06:31 AM

Wow-you're really under budget!!! I'm very close...I have to go get a cantaloue today (luckily only .99!) and we may need another gallon of milk...

I put $300 for this month to partially make up for last, but if I am able to stick to that, then I'll be really happy...perhaps that should be my new amount all the time!!

gctattoo September 22nd, 2007 06:33 AM

Good job, April! It sounds like you could end up winning this month. I'm down to less than $50 and that'll be gone in a few hours from now. Not that it bothers me too much. I don't expect to win, but it's a good way for me to track my spending.

~Kris~ September 22nd, 2007 06:35 AM

Quote:

Good job, April! It sounds like you could end up winning this month. I'm down to less than $50 and that'll be gone in a few hours from now. Not that it bothers me too much. I don't expect to win, but it's a good way for me to track my spending. [/b]
Jess said she tracks her saving too! I think I am going to do this in the new year. I keep track of what I spend (actual in the challenge) but in my bill stuff I round up to the next dollar since we dump our change in the change bucket. So then when we cash it in that money gets "spent" twice! But we typically cash it in for extra vacation money...

Mama2Miracles September 22nd, 2007 07:51 AM

That ROCKS! I'm currently about $10 over and have some more shopping today/tomorrow. I'll probably land about $50 over. I can't wait for October's buy nothing (except essentials) month!

~Jess~ September 22nd, 2007 08:15 AM

April, that's fantastic! good job!

~April~ September 22nd, 2007 08:40 AM

Is it really horrible that I'm thinking about going clothes shopping with the extra money? Carly does not have a lot of 12 months clothes. Well, she has quite a bit, but most of it was for the summer. She is smaller than we all expected so the clothes that were bought a long time ago did not fit her when planned. She is still fitting in 6-9 months for the most part, but she is finally able to where some 12 month clothing. I also do not have a lot that fits. I lost some weight awhile back and most of my shirts looks sloppy on me. Then again that sounds silly. Why should I buy me some shirts when I am planning on getting pregnant?

Mama2Miracles September 22nd, 2007 01:35 PM

Ohhh that sounds fun!! (Hehe, I probably shouldn't be encouraging you, huh?) I love to shop for baby clothes, let me know if you go. You know how I am when it comes to little clothes!

mommyinky September 22nd, 2007 02:40 PM

Maybe spend 1/2 of the extra money on clothes and put the other 1/2 back for savings, or save it for cute maternity clothes!