JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   FTT and Weight Gain Issues (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f113-ftt-and-weight-gain-issues/)
-   -   What a useless appt! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f113-ftt-and-weight-gain-issues/1409478-what-useless-appt.html)

lovemyboysandabbey2 January 26th, 2009 08:10 AM

I wasn't able to go as I forgot to ask of work, so Mark went....they did NOTHING!!!!! Her regular DR put orders for lab work in the computer and they didn't even do those! <_< All they said was "ok we have her measurement on record, see you in 4 months."
what???? seriously???? I am so pissed right now!! When will I finally get some answers on my baby?!?!??!? :brickwall:

C&K'sMama January 27th, 2009 10:26 AM

BEEN THERE DONE THAT. We went to a GI doc to discuss issues with feedng, get tests for reflux and a swallow study.

THE FREAKING DOC DID NOTHING!!!! She didn't even get teh weight, the nurse did... and the gi person was an IDIOT!

I'm sorry that you're gonig through this. Hopefully answers will come soon!

Cheep Sk8 January 27th, 2009 10:31 AM

I'm sorry you didn't get the answers your looking for. At DD's endocrinologist they don't do the lab work. You have to go to LabCore or Quest and they send the results to the doctor. So I'm a little confused . Did you get the labs done and the Endocrinologist didn't tell you the results, or were they supposed to order the labs?

lovemyboysandabbey2 January 28th, 2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry you didn't get the answers your looking for. At DD's endocrinologist they don't do the lab work. You have to go to LabCore or Quest and they send the results to the doctor. So I'm a little confused . Did you get the labs done and the Endocrinologist didn't tell you the results, or were they supposed to order the labs?[/b]

nope, they didn't do any lab work, and her regular DR ordered lab tests and they didn't even do those!

1shortmomma January 28th, 2009 04:37 PM

ugh sorry the appointment was useless.

Cheep Sk8 January 29th, 2009 09:14 AM

I would call and ask your regular doctor to write a prescription for the lab they ordered, and take her to a lab. Your doctor will be able to tell if the thyroid levels are elevated or not. If so, I would have them recommend a different Endocrinologist (hopefully you don't have an HMO). When my daughter was diagnosed with FTT, the first thing they did was order blood work.

It was a darn good thing they did too, because Kiersten's thyroid levels were low. If it hadn't been caught it would of affected her brain development.

The doctors may not be able to give you all the answers, but they should at least be running tests to rule things out. Are you seeing a GI? I requested that Kiersten be tested for Celiac's disease, and Cystic Fibrosis also. My theory was that if you can't tell me what's wrong with her, tell me what's not.