JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   FTT and Weight Gain Issues (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f113-ftt-and-weight-gain-issues/)
-   -   At a loss... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f113-ftt-and-weight-gain-issues/1461277-loss.html)

i3ai3ydanny March 3rd, 2009 04:40 PM

Danny had a weight check today...here are the stats-
Wednesday Feb. 11--21lb. 12oz.
Wednesday Feb. 18--21lb. 10oz.
Wednesday Feb. 25--21lb. 8oz.
Tuesday March 3--20lb. 14oz.

He has lost 14 oz. in 3 weeks!!! Something is wrong!!! I don't know what to do!!! He is getting 1300+ calories everyday and supposedly needs 1000 to gain weight. This doesn't make ANY sense!!! We have scheduled an allergist appointment tomorrow to get the referral , CF test, and a couple other things taken care of. He is going to have to start Neocate Jr soon too. Hopefully we can get WIC to help with that though...Why will adding more calories matter if he is losing this much weight and getting an agverage of 500 extra calories per day?!?!?! I am so frustratred right now!!!

Cheep Sk8 March 4th, 2009 11:24 AM

I'm so sorry. Perhaps WIC can give you some insight as well. Good luck.

*tacii March 4th, 2009 05:07 PM

Sorry to hear about the weight loss :( It's so frustrating, I hope you get some answers soon! Sending Danny lots of weight gain vibes!

i3ai3ydanny March 4th, 2009 07:09 PM

We went to the Dr again today for an actual appointment and we are gettiung the ball rolling on the Neocate Jr. insurance authorization and have an appointment scheduled for the 18th with the GI to get started on the lower digestive stuff and schedule a scope. We had the CF blood test done today. I have heard everything from 7-10 days up to 6-8 weeks to get the results so I have no idea when we will get them...I really just hope this will help.

BTW...when he got weighed today he was 21 lbs. 8oz. again, but we figured out that if he has a full belly he weighs a full 10 oz more than he does with an empty belly.... :blink: Maybe we should stuff him full of anything he will eat right before a weight check... :excited: Then I could have an on the charts child!!!

1shortmomma March 9th, 2009 05:00 PM

Re: At a loss...

Good luck with the CF test.

Glad he put the weight back on (well with a full belly)!

i3ai3ydanny March 10th, 2009 06:46 PM

And it's the 6-8 week one...:eek: This will be driving me nuts for almost 2 months!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

lovemyboysandabbey2 March 12th, 2009 12:10 PM

How frustrating!! I Know how hard it is to hear when your child LOSES weight!!! agh!!
(((hugs)))) I hope you get some answers soon

tiaeaton March 12th, 2009 12:42 PM

I just wanted to say wic will cover neocate if you are on wic. I use to get it through them. I believe it is only neocate one + or infant it has to be unflavored. We have to go online to by flavoring packets. Good luck!

i3ai3ydanny March 12th, 2009 10:03 PM

He has to have the Neocate Jr but apparently we are getting it "forced through"...so we will see...so far we have used koolaid and strawberry syrup which really makes me nervous just because of the sugar...do you have the link to the flavor packets and how much they are???

Cheep Sk8 March 13th, 2009 11:02 PM

2 months! That has to be tough. I was a wreck waiting two weeks for the results of the sweat test. At least it will give you a define yes or no, so you'll know where to go from there. We're here for you though.