JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   FTT and Weight Gain Issues (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f113-ftt-and-weight-gain-issues/)
-   -   Danny's GI appointment (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f113-ftt-and-weight-gain-issues/1486225-dannys-gi-appointment.html)

i3ai3ydanny March 20th, 2009 01:29 PM

Danny's GI appointment

So Danny went to the GI today. First off I really hope the scales are different because if not than he lost from 23lb 4oz down to 22lb 9oz again...

They are not going to do a scope at this point but here is the list of tests they have ordered.

Blood

CBC with Diff,Plt
Comp Met profile
TSH/Tree T4
Celiac Genetic Panel
Serum Trypsinogen

Stool
Stool Elastase
Stool for Fat
Fecal Lactoferrin
Fecal Calprotectin

Sweat Chloride Test Monday the 24th...

So I am a little nervous as I don't know what all of these are and really don't want the ones that I do know what they are to come back positive...STRESS!!!

They are not doing anything invasive because Danny is/was gaining and the Neocate should be able to repair the damage done by the allergies. We go back to his office on 04/17. That is all for now!!!

Keep fingers crossed and pray that the sweat test comes back normal this time!!!

Oh and BTW he finally has an official diagnosis of FTT...

*tacii March 20th, 2009 02:27 PM

Re: Danny's GI appointment

I hope the scales are off. Good luck with the testing, I hope they come back negative.. but if something does come back positive, at least you have an answer. *hugs* Definitely keeping my fingers crossed that the sweat test comes back normal. And I'm sorry to hear you guys have the official diagnosis :(

roving_gypsy March 21st, 2009 06:04 AM

I'd be willing to bet the scales are off, because each scale does weigh slightly different. I try to keep that in mind when we go from our ped. office to the GI or if we use a differnt scale the the normal one we use, because they are off by more than a few ounces.

i3ai3ydanny March 21st, 2009 12:16 PM

The sad part is that the last time he was there was August 6 of last year and he weighed 21lb 8oz...I am just so frustrated and soo overwhelmed. I don't know what to do next.

lovemyboysandabbey2 March 22nd, 2009 09:53 AM

I am guessing one of the scales is off...
Abbey has had all those tests done as well, she just had her sweat test done last week!
Good luck and I hope you get some answers!

1shortmomma March 29th, 2009 06:58 AM

Good luck to him with all the tests. (((hugs)))

i3ai3ydanny March 30th, 2009 07:48 PM

Danny's sweat test was NEGATIVE!!!! 29! I have never been so happy to see the number 29!!! He goes for a weight check with his ped on Wednesday which is his only DR who acts like I am causing my child to be sick and small......GRRRR!!! I hate his ped but it is the only one that I can get to even see him because he has state insurance...and at least they make sense..

His last ped was a quack...I called because he had a bleeding diaper rash...found out later was from carrots...and that ped said that I put too much ointment on him....PLEASE!!!

But anyway, back on track....GOOD NEWS FINALLY!!!! Back to square one but at least it isn't CF!

*tacii March 30th, 2009 08:57 PM

Woo hoo!! That is great news! I'm glad it came back negative. Hope he has a nice weight gain for Wed!