JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   FTT and Weight Gain Issues (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f113-ftt-and-weight-gain-issues/)
-   -   Differences between Pedisure purchased in retail and from mail order pharmacy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f113-ftt-and-weight-gain-issues/2222146-differences-between-pedisure-purchased-retail-and-mail-order-pharmacy.html)

TwinBoysMommy January 18th, 2011 11:51 AM

Differences between Pedisure purchased in retail and from mail order pharmacy

Hi:

Does anyone know the differences between Pedisure purchased in retail and from mail order pharmacy?

The one I purchased in retail say vanilla shake and the one from the pharmacy just says vanilla.

My son DOES not like it. I am trying to slowly getting him on the pharmacy one but since he was sick recently I am keeping on the retail stash until he feels better.

It looks like the same ingrendients on the container except the retail is in a plastic bottle and the pharmacy one is in a little can and it says medical food.

Thanks in advance.

TwinBoysMommy January 18th, 2011 11:58 AM

Re: Differences between Pedisure purchased in retail and from mail order pharmacy

oops meant to say does NOT like the mail order pharmacy Pedisure. It seems to be sweeter.

Cheep Sk8 January 18th, 2011 12:32 PM

Re: Differences between Pedisure purchased in retail and from mail order pharmacy

As far as I know they are both the same. The retail stuff is marketed towards kids, so that's probably why they call it a shake. Also, the canned pediasure may have a more tinny taste. I don't know though. I've never worked up the courage to try either. The smell alone makes me :sick:.
Have you tried Carnation Instant Breakfast and milk? It's pretty much the same nutritional value as pediasure, but less gross.

i3ai3ydanny January 18th, 2011 02:38 PM

You can also try pediasure 1+ I think it is called.... It has 1.5 times the calories as regular pediasure. My son has so many allergies that we had to put him on a high calorie amino acid based medical food called Neocate Jr. It is basically a formula without allergens and is 30 calories per ounce. I have never used pediasure for him due to allergies but I do know that anything in an aluminum can has a more tinny taste than a plastic bottle container. Have you refrigerated it?

from the website it looks like they are only making them in plastic bottles now. I had to use Vital Jr which is prescription but Danny couldn't handle it. He loved it but couldn't handle it.

TwinBoysMommy January 20th, 2011 11:53 AM

Hi, thanks for your replies. I haven't seen the Pedisure 1+1. Where would I find it?

I also gave the Pedisure at room temp into his bottle of Nutramigen formula.

I haven't weaned him off of formula until we get the sleeping issue taken care of.