JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   FTT and Weight Gain Issues (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f113-ftt-and-weight-gain-issues/)
-   -   Brandon has been on a food strike again (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f113-ftt-and-weight-gain-issues/61072-brandon-has-been-food-strike-again.html)

pattyandthemoos August 8th, 2005 07:06 AM

He was doing so good and now he hasn't been eating again. He drinks his pediasure and wants it but he is back to throwing his food on the floor and not eating. Every time I think we are done with his food issues he does this. He hasn't eaten any real food in a few days now.

mommy2twins August 8th, 2005 09:17 AM

I can completely understand this as I was in tears this weekend with Sarah. She didn't eat hardly anything this weekend and I tried so hard. Everytime I would try to feed her solids she would smack at the spoon flinging food everywhere and if I could manage to get it to her mouth she would turn away quickly. I don't think she was feeling good as she kept sneezing and had lots of muscous and snot running for her nose. Last night she vomitted 4 times as I tried to push a little more through the NG tube last night as she has lost over 10oz this weekend in weight. I know our nutritionist isn't going to be happy but I did everything I could and Sarah wanted nothing to do with it. I knew when she wouldn't eat her cheese she wasn't herself. She was happy but neither she or Mason would nap at all this weekend which kept me absolutely busy as my husband decided to be completely worthless and selfish this weekend (sorry mad at him at the moment) and not help me in the least bit with the kids and decided to work behind closed doors in his office and not once offer to help until it was too late. Sarah was doing so well the past 2 weeks so I'm hoping we get past this and she takes back up eating. We were in hopes that she would continue to eat more orally so we could try to take her off the tube feeds at night and she what she does and if her hunger kicks in. But with this weight loss I don't think that is going to happen. That means that in about a month she hasn't lost weight but she hasn't gained either so I don't know what to do. I asked my mom and our friend who watch them if she eats from a spoon for them and they said yes, for some reason she didn't with me this weekend and she prefers finger foods but is picky there anyway. She didn't drink as much pediasure as she usually does so I'm just hoping this weekend was just she's not feeling well and we will get back to eating again. It's so frustrating and half the time I feel like a failure when she won't eat but I know I can't make her and all I can do is keep offering it to her and maybe one day she will take off and it won't be so difficult.

Cheri August 9th, 2005 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pattyandthemoos@Aug 8 2005, 08:06 AM
He was doing so good and now he hasn't been eating again.* He drinks his pediasure and wants it but he is back to throwing his food on the floor and not eating.* Every time I think we are done with his food issues he does this.* He hasn't eaten any real food in a few days now.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Sorry to hear your son is not eating again. How difficult it must be for you. I hope things get better for you soon. I don't have any advice, but wanted to let you know that I am sending positive vibes you way :smile:

Cheri