JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Getting Ready for Baby (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1192-getting-ready-for-baby/)
-   -   NEW or USED (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1192-getting-ready-for-baby/2296425-new-used.html)

hkystar April 6th, 2011 02:13 PM

NEW or USED

are you ok with used stuff for the baby or do you want everything new?

My sister likes to call me cheap but I am really trying to get everything I can used (exceptions = diapers and car seat). Why should I pay full price for clothes she might wear once? Why should I pay full price for toys she is gonna use for maybe 6 months? Just seems like a huge waste of money for new things.

Mana April 6th, 2011 03:39 PM

Re: NEW or USED

I've gotten some new stuff already (furniture and diapers), but I have no problem with used things. Especially clothes and toys! I'll actually be getting a bunch of hand-me-downs from my sister's baby, and I'm so antsy for the weather to get warm enough for the garage sales to start ^_^

The only thing I absolutely will not buy used is a car seat.

way2gomom April 6th, 2011 03:51 PM

New - carseat, used - everything else. We use cloth diapers, so some of those are used too.

miraclebaby2011 April 6th, 2011 06:07 PM

I don't mind used stuff at all

w292737 April 6th, 2011 06:24 PM

I don't mind used. but I buy new, but that doesn't mean I pay full price ;)

way2gomom April 7th, 2011 05:08 AM

That's a good point - with the sales I've seen Ro snag, she's getting new at used prices sometimes! :)

I like to make a lot of stuff myself too, so I think that's in the new category, but a little different. I won't buy a used carseat because there's no way to know if it's been in an accident or not.

hkystar April 7th, 2011 05:54 AM

I wish I were skilled enough to make my baby stuff, but I dont have the time/energy/ability.

Mana April 7th, 2011 08:44 AM

:ditto:
Well, I have the time, but not so much the ability x)

w292737 April 7th, 2011 08:48 AM

there are somethings I want new, because it's a want. :rofl: like most o fmy giraffe stuff for bob, that's new and some times full price, but I'm willing to pay it.

but yeah I shop sales and clerance, and I'm a red card holder so I get my5% each shopping trip at target too (on top of my clearance and coupons and all that)

way2gomom April 7th, 2011 09:54 AM

You and your giraffe stuff... did you ever get one of those giraffe beanies?

Just_Marie April 7th, 2011 10:14 AM

ds1-all brand new, nothing used
twins-pretty much all used except for swings
DD-bunch of used from friends, but I buy lots of new/some nice used
current bean: pretty much all new except for crib since I sold all after the twins

way2gomom April 7th, 2011 11:51 AM

We definitely had a lot more new stuff with Dalton than we do with this one! Are you going to buy a swing for this one Marie? We bought a swing new for Dalton, and he hated it... DH is hoping this baby likes it so at least one of our kids uses it :lol:

w292737 April 7th, 2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by way2gomom (Post 23571403)
You and your giraffe stuff... did you ever get one of those giraffe beanies?

yep!!!