JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Getting Ready for Baby (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1192-getting-ready-for-baby/)
-   -   What are your childcare plans? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1192-getting-ready-for-baby/2305655-what-your-childcare-plans.html)

way2gomom April 18th, 2011 04:37 AM

What are your childcare plans?

What are your childcare plans for after the baby is here?

hkystar April 18th, 2011 05:28 AM

Re: What are your childcare plans?

I am off work for 12 weeks and then baby will go to daycare. She will prolly go 4 days a week (but we will be paying for 5 *grumble*). Bf wants her home with him at least 1 day of his weekend (which is during the week). I will get all her stuff ready every morning before I go to work. I will be resetting my work schedule to be out with about 2 hours to pick her up. That will guarentee I get there on time everyday.

We just havent decided if we are going with the center down the street or going to try and find in home care options. I think we are gonna reserve a spot at the center and continue to explore home options.

way2gomom April 18th, 2011 06:02 AM

If you go with the day care center, what are their rules/restrictions on sick children? Do they have any dates when they are not open?

Just my piece of advice today - make sure you have at least 2-3 backup sitters! My primary babysitter's daughter is sick and was on Friday too, so I have to either miss work or scramble around to find someone to watch Dalton. It can be so frustrating!

hkystar April 18th, 2011 06:45 AM

They follow the public school days off system (which is not too bad since that means federal holidays off, which is when I am off too). I think our plan is to alternate who will be off with the baby if she is sick. My work is very flexible with taking off, and my bf has a ton of sick days saved up. Plus with the offset of our schedules, some days I can even work 1/2 day, then bring some work home and work at home and he can go to work. But its a good idea to have something in place in case.

This all may change if I end up finding a new job while on maternity leave.

Mana April 18th, 2011 06:54 AM

I'll be a SAHM(/WAHM maybe after I graduate) for a while :)

w292737 April 18th, 2011 07:13 AM

Bob will go to the same daycare I used for the girls and stil use for after school care.

way2gomom April 18th, 2011 08:39 AM

I will be a SAHM after the baby is born, and then start working part time later on. I will only work when Tim is home. We just prefer it that way.

SoCaliMommy April 18th, 2011 08:43 PM

I'll be a SAHM, like i am now. It will be nice since my youngest will be starting half day kindergarten in August. So i'll have a good 3hours of the day with just baby.

way2gomom April 19th, 2011 04:08 AM

Wow! That does sound nice!

Just_Marie April 24th, 2011 03:53 PM

I'm a wahm, so status quo

hkystar April 25th, 2011 12:30 PM

We have 2 more daycare center apts tomorrow. One of which seems to have the best closing policy in that if the Federal GOVt is open they do everything they can to be open (which is ideal!). Plus its not as expensive as some of the other places.

Hoping these go well and if so, we will be submitting an application tomorrow!

And I think for now our schedules are off enough that if the center is closed for the day I can work a 1/2 day then we can do the baby tradeoff and he will go work a full day. Its MUCH easier for me to manage that.

Mischief Managed April 25th, 2011 01:28 PM

I will be a SAHM. I probably wont leave the baby alone for at least a month to twoish months. I want to only BF (no bottle) until a month goes by. Then I will try and use both. When me and DH can't take care of Jude - which I can't see happening very often - grandma will come and take care of him! She loves grandbabies!

way2gomom April 26th, 2011 04:47 AM

Good luck at the appointments! Keep us posted!

Steph - we avoid the bottle too, something we didn't do the first time but really want to do this time.