JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Getting Ready for Baby (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1192-getting-ready-for-baby/)
-   -   How was your weekend? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1192-getting-ready-for-baby/2328093-how-your-weekend.html)

way2gomom May 16th, 2011 05:25 AM

How was your weekend?

So, how did the weekend go? Tell us all about it! :)

hkystar May 16th, 2011 06:52 AM

Re: How was your weekend?

My weekend was CRAZY hectic. My bf's mother got into town on Friday afternoon and my my got in late Friday night.

We had a 5K on saturday morning (I ran about 1 mile and power walked the rest). It was nice, I got to talk to my aunt & cousin during the walk. My bf even did the 5K (he walked and talked to his mom).

Baby shower was Saturday afternoon. It was sooooo much fun! We got quite a bit of stuff we needed (lots of clothes, bibs, blankets, etc). I have a pretty good idea of what we still need to get and will be making a priority list. I am planning to return a few things we got mainly because we got so many of them (aka bibs and baby grooming kits). My sister helped me get all the stuff cleared out of the baby's room.

Sunday was relaxing day. I went shopping with my sister (she needed some stuff from ikea). That was followed by yoga. It was topped off by a tour of the local ABC news station including watching a news taping (bf works there and it was for his mom).

I am ready for all the company to go home now!

Mana May 16th, 2011 08:02 AM

It went pretty well, I think! I finally got my car seat! :D

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...-7989624dt.jpg

It is so cute, and so nice to finally find something with black instead of brown! I hate brown and pink but I swear everything for girls is brown and pink right now!

Saturday morning we went on a tour of the hospital I've been planning on going to... and I think I would have been satisfied with it if my midwife hadn't mentioned another hospital at my last appointment that is newer, nicer, and bigger, and she prefers it especially for water births because it has bigger and nicer tubs. The first hospital has just one small portable tub. So after the tour, DH was like "So what about that other hospital?" Except tours there are full until the middle of June! So now I'm trying to decide if I want to just take a chance and pre-register at the other one even though I won't be able to see it until after, or just stick with this first hospital. The bigger hospital is also like half an hour away, as opposed to about 6 blocks away. This is what I get for procrastinating! :lol:

hkystar May 16th, 2011 08:15 AM

What is the make/model of the car seat Mana? We actually got ours as a gift at the baby shower (Chicco Keyfit 30 - shades of brown for the fabric i think). I was very touched that my aunt got it for me (this is also the aunt & uncle who have been watching out for us since my parents died and the one who I already got permission for Baby S to call them gram/grandpa).

Mana May 16th, 2011 05:11 PM

It's a Graco Snugride 30 ^_^

That's so sweet your aunt got a car seat for you! And that she'll be grandma to your baby :) I heard the Keyfits are really good seats too.

way2gomom May 17th, 2011 05:39 AM

I was just going to ask what model that carseat is :lol: It looks great! :)

The Chicco is great too! I would definitely be ready for company to go home after a weekend like that one too! :)

You can always pre-register at both hospitals - it's not like they're going to charge you for not going to one or the other.

My weekend was a long one. :) Tim had Thursday off so that we could go to our orientation class at the birth center. That was definitely not what I expected. It was more "in case you might like to go to a birth center, this is what one is" than what we expected - "since you've decided to come to the birth center, here's what you need to know". So that was weird. Dalton went with us and had a really good time touring the rooms. There are 3 midwives in our area (one that just started), and all the other couples with the exception of one going to the new midwife are going to the one that we don't see. It was weird. I suppose there could've been a better way for me to word that :lol:

On Friday we both had the day off and we tilled and planted our garden. We also picked up some of Dalton's birthday gifts and a new birdfeeder and birdseed for him. He loves birds and thinks it's so cool to give them food. :) It's adorable.

Saturday, Dalton came down with a cold. Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night I sat up holding him so that he could sleep because he kept waking up with all the congestion. :( He's feeling better, but it's very tiring to keep up after a sick kid and work full time. Tim and I also started getting the cold too, but are warding it off with garlic supplements. Saturday and Sunday we watched movies and hung around the house with the boy who didn't feel good. It was nice to relax, but I would've prefered it without the sickness!

Mana May 17th, 2011 05:15 PM

Oh yeah, I guess I could pre-register at both hospitals, I don't know why I didn't think of that! :blush:

That does sound like kind of a weird orientation! Does it seem like a nice place though? There's a birth center in my area I wanted to go to but insurance wouldn't cover it :(

way2gomom May 18th, 2011 05:27 AM

Yep, it's great :)

Our insurance doesn't cover it in-network, it's out-of-network for us, but it's still cheaper to go to the birth center than for an uncomplicated NCB at the local hospital.

hkystar May 18th, 2011 07:08 AM

My insurance wouldnt cover the birth center near us at all, it wasnt even considered out-of-network. So it was more than I could justify in costs, plus bf got VERY uncomfortable with the place. That was mostly because he is terrified about something going wrong during labor and something happening to me/baby.

Luckily the local hospital seems very NCB friendly.

Mana May 18th, 2011 07:33 AM

^ Same for us! And honestly, early on I felt a little better about going to a hospital too, but now I wish I had pushed for the birth center. I've even thought about planning a last-minute home birth the past couple weeks and trying to find a HB midwife who would take me on this late in the game, but I think trying to get that together would be a little stressful, especially since I'd have to convince DH first.

Our next one will be at home though! :)

w292737 May 18th, 2011 02:51 PM

Mana - I am Pming you.

my weekend was good. i got alot done, cleaned and organized. it went fast!

I like that car seat it's pretty!!

way2gomom May 19th, 2011 05:43 AM

My first was an NCB in a hospital - it can be done! :) Have you ladies read Homebirth in the Hospital? I've heard it's a great help, I just haven't read it yet. Ok, reading some of the reviews, maybe Spiritual Midwifery would be a better suggestion...