JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Getting Ready for Baby (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1192-getting-ready-for-baby/)
-   -   Best breastfeeding bottles (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1192-getting-ready-for-baby/2656439-best-breastfeeding-bottles.html)

ArtsyMama27 June 5th, 2013 07:07 PM

Best breastfeeding bottles

I plan on breastfeeding my little critter that's due in December. I have another daughter whose 7 and I had a lot of problems breastfeeding her then that ended in calling it quits in only two weeks. I was young and had no support so this time I want it to be different.

I have been researching a little bit and really don't want to spend boo-koos of bucks testing different ones. Soooo mommies, daddies, caregivers, whoever...

I need info on the best, most effective bottles.

Team breastfeeding success...GOOOO!

TerriLF June 20th, 2013 02:44 PM

Re: Best breastfeeding bottles

I used playtex drop in bottles with both my breastfed babies when I returned to work. No matter what bottle you end up going with, remember to always use the slow flow nipples so that baby doesn't start prefering the bottle over breast, simply because the bottle is less work for him/her.

Gavyns mommy June 25th, 2013 07:12 AM

I love the playtex drop ins. Although, with my son (who is almost 5), I did not breastfeed. They have the Playtex Nurser which are supposed to work well with breastfed babies. I have read good reviews so plan to use them with this baby coming in Oct which I plan to breastfeed.

SWFLbaby July 2nd, 2013 01:31 PM

I also used the playtex drop ins - with both of my kids

Miss.katie July 21st, 2013 12:57 PM

I used playtex ventair and never had a problem!

Excited_mommy July 23rd, 2013 06:19 AM

I used the madela bottles simply because I had a madela pump

Jessifer September 13th, 2013 03:21 PM

I started with the Medela bottle that came with the breast pump but my son really hated it and half of it would dribble down his chin. I happened to have an Avent Newborn flow bottle that came free with some maternity clothes I purchased, so I tried that one and that is what works best.

neon October 12th, 2013 06:33 PM

I tried calma and she wouldn't take it. She does like the avent naturals, so I bought a few of them.

Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles

childtocherish January 29th, 2014 11:19 PM

The bottle that you are going to use depends on your baby .The bottle that your child will use without any fuss.But still breasting feeding is best for your child.

AlyciaT April 17th, 2014 03:04 PM

I used the breastflow bottles from first years. We used them very succesfully for a year back and forth between bottle and breast (now dd is on solids during the day and only nurses evenings and weekends when I'm home