JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Gossip on the reef (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1914-gossip-reef/)
-   -   AmiraX2 ( Farrah ) to Aramsamsam ( Heidi ) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1914-gossip-reef/2613301-amirax2-farrah-to-aramsamsam-heidi.html)

AmiraX4 January 10th, 2013 05:54 AM

AmiraX2 ( Farrah ) to Aramsamsam ( Heidi )

Hello!! My name was not put on the list but my name is Farrah. Hopefully your having a m/s free day and feeling well. :)

Aramsamsam January 10th, 2013 07:08 AM

Re: AmiraX2 ( Farrah ) to Aramsamsam ( Heidi )

Awesome, you're launching this thing! Thanks for introducing your real name. :)

I'm not m/s free, but have always been much more comfortable than some of the ladies in this forum. How are you doing?

AmiraX4 January 10th, 2013 07:19 AM

Im trying to get over what I now think is a sinus infection. otherwise doing well. I forgot to say that the timing of my posts are messe up temp cus Im out of the country. 15th is our travel date so sometime after that I will be current with you here.

AmiraX4 January 12th, 2013 12:18 AM

So I just have to share this one more time....I know you'll understand, I have the biggest craving for the crispy spinache I had last night!!! wooow....I just cant get it out of my head. Its taste almost identical to crispy seaweed. I want it nonstop now..loool....

Aramsamsam January 12th, 2013 05:01 AM

LOL, I hope you get your fill! : )

Hey, can you remind me where you are, and where you're moving to? Travel date is coming right up, hope it goes well!

AmiraX4 January 12th, 2013 10:14 PM

I am in Saudi Arabia right now. I am moving back to the states and we are leaving Tues. The 15th.....yyaaahhhhhh only a couple of more days.....we are going shopping again tonight and going to say goodbye to some ppl and hopefully not be late for our flight again when we leave. I should say...hopefully Saudi Airlines wont be late also because they have the WORST on-time flights EVER!! lool...here the saudi's call it...." arab time " cus everyone is always late...:giggle:

Anyhow, I still have not had my fill of crispy spinach....man....have you had any bad cravings yet or is your m/s still preventing that? Is this your first baby? Are you planning on vag or do you have any birth plans?

Aramsamsam January 13th, 2013 07:20 AM

I still mostly like plain carbs, because they are best with m/s. But once I felt well enough to try nachos again they were sooooooooooo good!

This is baby number 2 for me. There's no reason not to do a vaginal delivery at this point, so that's the plan, and I'll try to go without an epidural. I got an epidural last time because I very much wanted some rest before pushing out a baby. But the doc tells me that labor should be about half as long this time, so I think I might make it!

How about you? You have 2 princesses, right? :) How do you plan to give birth?

AmiraX4 January 13th, 2013 07:55 AM

Ha..I have 3 princesses 4 princes. What about you is yours a boy or girl? How old?

I am having a c-section. Thats great you can do vag and I hope you have a shorter labor so that you can avoid the epi...

Will you deliver at the same hospital and are you using the same OB/GYN?

Aramsamsam January 14th, 2013 10:17 AM

I have a 2 year old boy. He's a great cuddler and also a huge fan of vehicles and dirt. :) We've only been here a year, so I'm using a new OB and hospital. So far, so good.

Are you moving back to an area where you've lived before, or somewhere new? Will any family be nearby? How old are all your kids? How is everyone feeling about the move? It's soooooo close... hope all goes well and the airlines don't keep you waiting too long.

AmiraX4 January 17th, 2013 05:37 AM

YYaahoooooo Im back !!!!!!

Yah one of my boys likes looking for bugs and digging in sand playing with cars ect...other boys not so typical but still into cars...lool...

We did move back to our house here that we bought just before I had my last DD3. So its all familiar and will have limited family near. So thats a bummer. My children ages are DS1-22yrs DS2-almost 21 DS3- almost 16yrs DD1-6 yrs DS4- 4 may will be 5....DD2 3 yrs DD3-16months
We only brought the 4 littles to Saudia And the trip back was pretty good. No missed flights during travel the only problem was about 3 hrs total of turbulence on the last flight in the states. Thanks for the well wishes.

Have you ever traveled outside the US? We have been to ALOT of countries and lived in UK for a few years.
I am so happy that my sinus infection is almost gone!!! i have not had a headache now for almost 2 days...yaahh!!! and my m/s is coming so much less...

What about you? is yours letting up a bit? hows things with you there? ooh are you on the east or west coast...? Im on the west coast

Aramsamsam January 17th, 2013 11:32 AM

Yay, welcome back! I'm glad things went smoothly.

I have traveled outside the US a little -- just vacations though, never as a student or working/living. I've lived on both coasts and am now back in the Midwest where I was raised, well, a few hours away. Where's your favorite place? One of our best vacations was at Olympic national park, and at the time we didn't have to go very far at all for that.

Things are good pregnancy-wise. It's such a nice change that I ate practically everything in my path yesterday. Glad you're feeling better, too. How's settling-in going? It's nice that you already had the house, now you just have to get used to it again. : ) Will you be making any changes for the July baby?

AmiraX4 January 17th, 2013 12:38 PM

Cool...Where exactly have you gone? and wheres your favorite place? OOh man...favorite place??? I would have to say Dubai!! its literally paradise on earth. Its sooo and has soo much to do there. You can even snow ski in one of the malls there. I love it... and have been there about 10 different times or so....sometimes for a month at a time.

Setteling is ok except the jet lag. Still got some unpacking to do and took a day for the house to get warm lool. and the kids are having a great time playing outside comfortablely for the first time in a long time..lool...

No changes yet for baby. but we will eventually...what about you? Will you be letting baby share a room with brother when he/she is a little older? Is your son excited for baby or not totally understanding baby is coming? Do you ever take him to the local library for story time and to check out books? My kids totally love it. I cant wait to get back in the habit of going again.

Aramsamsam January 19th, 2013 01:13 PM

Wow, skiing in a mall? That's amazing!

Outside of the country I've visited Germany, Hong Kong, and Norway. I don't really have a favorite. My favorite place to live was probably Portland, Oregon. It was so easy to have fun outdoor experiences without driving too far, and there were plenty of great place to drive to for longer getaways.

We haven't changed anything for the baby yet. I think the baby will be in our room until he/she sleeps well, then the two kids will share a room. If the baby is a boy, they'll share a room for as long as they live here. Otherwise we'll have to come up with a third bedroom eventually.

I've told my son there's a baby growing in my belly and the baby will be part of our family much later. He seems interested, but doesn't really understand. How are your kids feeling about the baby?

We go to the library all the time. It has been a while since we did story time, but I signed up to go with a mom's group soon. We do music classes, and sometimes swimming. We're hoping to sign DS up for preschool next year. What do your kids like to do?

AmiraX4 January 19th, 2013 04:13 PM

Everyone is excited for baby. My DS2 plays basketball and is hoping to go pro. DS3 is really into computer graphics and directing. DS4 loves looking for frogs and things and building things, sand ect, DD1 is reallllly into drawing., arts and crafts. the rest just do lool...They all love the outdoors. The littles like the Library. They also enjoy helping me cook and bake.

I have also been to Hong Kong. Was an amazing experience. Lots of interesting culture to see and be part of. Do you have any plans to travel soon?

Aramsamsam January 20th, 2013 05:06 AM

Cool, how long were you in Hong Kong? For me it was a week or two, visiting a college friend's family who were living there a few years. It feels like a long time ago now! It was beautiful though, the mountains and city and water all right there. I'll probably never forget when I tried eating a chicken foot, not knowing what it was. It didn't happen again! :p

We have no plans to travel soon -- we'd need my income to plan a big trip. But there are pretty areas around here that we haven't explored yet. How about you?

How's your weekend going?

AmiraX4 January 20th, 2013 06:00 AM

Well its was almost 10 yrs ago when I went to Hong Kong and it was only for 2 days. We were on our way somewhere else and decided to check it out. Ahhh the good ole days....:giggle: eeewwww the chicken foot things....well at least it turns out it was a chicken and not anything else..lool...

Yah we have a few travel plans ahead like MAYBE a short weekend getaway to the mountains ( not confirmed ) and plan to take the young ones around Anaheim and DisneyLand when its warmer. not sure if it will be before baby or after. Either way im really excited about cus I could either be fat and unable to walk at the end of pregnancy or healing from my 4th c-section and I am really not comfy about having baby out of house for the first couple of months. So not sure what way it will go but we could always postpone it ----we willl see

AAhh weeekend....going pretty smoothly today might be having guests again ---but I would like to go do a little bit of shopping both grocery and get some shoes for DD1 and me some outfits and some more bras.

What about you? how s your weekend? are completely m/s free yet? Are your energy levels picking up yet? Have you ever suffered anemia during pregnancy? I do in every single one and I think im suffering early this time cus I am already craving ice. :o cant wait to get into my regular OB/GYN ...

Aramsamsam January 21st, 2013 05:54 AM

The weekend is going fine; more of it is in the kitchen than usual. I made a double batch of meatloaf Saturday and that recipe is pretty labor intensive (for me anyway -- I'm not a natural cook). Then yesterday my son helped me make brownies in honor of my husband's birthday (belatedly). That was fun; I usually have trouble thinking of ways to involve him in food prep, since I'm usually using knives and heat, but he definitely liked mixing the dry ingredients for the brownies.

We're planning to enroll my son in preschool next year, and yesterday was one of the Open Houses. It looked like a nice place, but I may not have gotten my name on the list early enough for DS to be offered a spot. We'll see. Have you used preschool for any of your kids?

I still feel a little woozy now and then, but my energy is much better, thank goodness! I didn't have anemia with my last pregnancy. What happens - do you feel tired? Do iron supplements fix it?

Well, off to change a diaper...

AmiraX4 January 21st, 2013 06:15 AM

Yuummm brownies sound good! Cool your son got to help, kids seem to really love being involved in the kitchen...I have let my younger children use butter knives to cut olives for pizza while sittting at the table with me. Lots of fun I agree.

I hope your son has a spot reserved for him. Its such a great time to learn some independence and learning skills. Its usually for only a couple of hours so its not a long day for the little one. Yes my children have gone to preschool a couple of times even while we were in Saudia. They really love it.

Usually feel tired and for me I crave ice really really bad. I cant take the pill form of iron tablets cus its so harsh on me. So I end up taking liquid with B-vits added. It looks like prune juice lool...

Are you planning to cloth diaper or use sposies? Im going to begin potty training my 16 month old hopefully next month so I will have her done with diapers and then just the new baby in diapers. I am wishing for a quick training period like most of the others.

Is your baby bump getting more noticable yet? Are you still able to lay on your stomache comfortablely? Did/do you have any pregnancy induced problems at all?

Aramsamsam January 22nd, 2013 12:47 PM

Good idea about the olives - I'll have to try that with DS!

Gosh, diapers. I use disposables with DS. We started with G-diapers, trying to be more eco-friendly. We also started with washclothes and water instead of wipes. I hate to say it, but it felt so wonderful and luxurious to switch over to disposable diapers and wipes. So much easier, and the disposables fit better than the g-diapers. And he did have digestive sensitivities, so things had been pretty messy. In the back of my mind I keep asking myself if we should try cloth diapers next time; I've heard better things about them than about g-diapers. But I think at least we'll probably go through the rapid growth/frequent pooping stages with disposables. What did/will you use?

Best of luck with the potty training coming up! It would be great to train DS before July, but I have a feeling that training him right now would be pretty frustrating, so I'm not going to push it. One of the preschool teachers was talking about how some of the kids become more motivated once they see their classmates using the potty.... that may be how we get started, if necessary.

I can definitely tell I have a baby bump. I've worn some maternity clothes at home, but not out yet. I don't lie down directly on my stomach -- my abdomen became sensitive right away during this pregnancy, so I haven't done that for a while. I can still lie on one side with my other leg slung forward and my body angled toward the bed, if that makes sense.

My pregnancy "problems" have all been typical symptoms so far, except for my right hip. It had really sharp, sudden pains toward the end of my first pregnancy, and a lot of soreness afterward -- enough to make me limp for a while. The hip stayed a little sensitive, just more likely to get sore from exercise or whatever, until this pregnancy. Then, right away, there were pains all around it for a few weeks, but those subsided and it's occasionally sore for no apparent reason. Ha ha, probably more than you ever thought you'd know about my right hip! But it's weird and I hope it doesn't turn into a worse problem. The doctor is just having me keep an eye on it.

So, how's this pregnancy going for you, compared to others? Were any of your kids born outside the US? When do you get to see your OB?

AmiraX4 January 23rd, 2013 07:17 AM

Cloth diapers...??!!?? You know, I used that cloth diaper service about 20 years ago with #2, and never used cloth again. I love the idea of cloth and the cute factor of them and being good for the enviroment ect ....but I just have not a clue how to find time to wash them all and how to use them now and so on and so on...Im not sure how good they are for the skin and I just have tons of Q's about them lool....I do admire others who can find time to manage it. Im planning sposies unless someone can change my mind.

HAA the bed side slung leg thingy totally makes sense to me...I do it...and use a pillow between my legs..Im totally a side sleeper.

Heidi..? That sounds painful your hip issues. Have you ever been diagnosed with si-joint problems? I have chronic sacriolittis which is really aggrivated by pregnancy. with my #5 it was so severe that by the time I delivered him I was not able to walk! The symptoms are similar to what you described. I did physical therapy for 3 months before I could walk and when I could walk it was with a very specific "limp" ....I really would ask your doc to test you for it and maybe could recommend some excercises to do to help prevent serious issues developing.

Im not trying to scare you please dont take it that way Heidi. Its just your symptoms could be a light form of it. or not. In any case I really hope your hip doesnt give you very many problems and alot of women get "sore hips" because of the way hormones relax joints during pregnancy. Its no fun. Im sure things will be good for you since your doctor is monitoring you but may be worth a mention.

This pregnancy I seem to be tired. I have 4 little ones though 6 and under so that Im sure is playing into it. But is so far not the hardest one. Yes I some of my children born outside the USA...including UK, Saudi Arabia and my and Dh joke that we could have a united nations soon....lloool

Do you have any hobbies? What type of activities does your family enjoy doing together? Do you blog?