JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Grand Entrances of our Little Woodlanders (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1873-grand-entrances-our-little-woodlanders/)
-   -   Dillon Lee (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1873-grand-entrances-our-little-woodlanders/2582941-dillon-lee.html)

mommaof4andhalf October 10th, 2012 05:49 AM

Dillon Lee

I have been lazy about getting this done.

We went in for our NST on the 26th as usual. Brandon was telling me all Monday and Tuesday that he had a feeling that they would admit me. I blew him off and told him to stop being frumpy and a worry wart. Sure enough I failed my NST. They did a BPP ultrasound and Dillon refused to cooperate. He showed his boy parts and then mooned the tech and stayed that way. The doctor on call ( my doc was in a deposition all day. GO figure) decided to admit me since I was due for a c section the next day anyway and give me fluids and oxygen to see if baby would move. Once again I failed my BPP.

The doctor told us that if I failed a 3rd time she was going to take me back and do an emergency c section. She was trying to avoid it since I was due to have one in less than 18 hours and preferred my doctor to do it. During this time they refused to let me eat or drink anything. I was texting Jillmama and she pointed out that I needed to eat to get him to move. I talked to my nurse and hubby. They conspired to sneak me some food and water. Sure enough, 20 minutes later, I passed my BPP with flying colors.

They had me laying on my back which had caused me to have some insane contractions. He was running from the heart monitor so they had to keep me in certain positions to get a heartrate on him. They started giving me morphine for the pain. I honestly don't remember the rest of the night except for my nurse pushing me over and watching tv with me since I couldn't sleep.

The next morning they came in and prepped me with the stylish white stockings and dark blue leg pumper things. My anesthesiologist came in and gave me antacids and took my history. I told him to please not yell at me if I accidentally jumped. He looked at me like I was nuts and I explained my past run ins with a doc who screamed and cussed at me because I jumped a little when he poked me with the epidural needle. They got me to the OR and I was shaking so bad from nerves I could hardly walk to the table. The assisting doctor (who looked exactly like Wilfred Brimley) was holding my shoulders and talking to me while they prepped my spinal. I was able to calm myself down and honestly didnt know the guy had worked his magic until my butt got hot from the meds.

They laid me down and gave me anti nausea while getting the drapes put up. They had to use masking tape for my belly because I have a belly apron from my last sections that refused to behave. My hubby came in and looked at me taped up and I was told him I tried to run. The anesth. doc laughed and said he had to yell at me to sit still. Brandon smarted off and said "shoulda slapped her around a little." LOL.

They started the surgery and within a few minutes, Mister Dillon came into the world extremely pi**ed off. He was 9 pounds 2 ounces with white hair on his forehead that fades into dark brown on the back of his head. He also has snow white body hair. He was 20 inches long and just cute as can be! Brandon, who swore it wouldn't be a big deal (Mister Macho tough guy) about broke his neck trying to get over the wires and machines to see his baby boy. He brought him over to me and the anesth. was trying to find Brandon's phone in his pocket for a picture. Needless to say i still havent heard the end of him being felt up by the male doctor. After that, Brandon and the nurse went back to the room while they tied my tubes and sewed me up. I took a nap and remember getting back. I was so sick from the morphine push. I bled quite a bit while vomiting and of course Brandon was telling the nurse "Better out than in." She had this weird look on her face and he had an innocent "What? Better here than at home." explanation.

We started having issues with his glucose a few hours after he was born and his breathing became erratic so they took him to the NICU. I fell apart seeing him hooked up to the IV and the oxygen tube. My pediatrician was there and reassured me that everything would be fine. She came every single day( even on her days off) to check on him. On Saturday, he made a 180 and was off the IV within a few hours. His breathing was still being erratic. On Sunday, the on call NICU doctor got with my pediatrician and they looked over all the xrays and realized that the monitor was being touchy. They got him off the oxygen and after a few hours of breathing on his own with no problems, he was back in our room.

Monday morning the weeny wacker (as Brandon has dubbed her) came in and circumsized Dillon. She checked him over and said we were free to leave. The nurse was so wonderful. She sent us home with multiple packs of wipes and diapers as a congrats to us and also a goody bag for me with all sorts of stuff my incision care and ice packs for my swollen feet.

I know this is pretty scatter brained. I was on a lot of medication and am trying to remember everything. There was so much and with it being such a stressful time, I know I am forgetting stuff <3

*AngieKH* October 10th, 2012 02:44 PM

Re: Dillon Lee

I don't blame you for forgetting things, I am sure I did too. Glad things are going well now and that Dillon is doing much better! Thanks for sharing!

abur October 10th, 2012 02:51 PM

Congrats :) Glad he didn't have to stay in the NICU too long!!! Welcome, Dillon Lee :hearts:

LucilleTwo October 11th, 2012 08:04 AM

Thanks for sharing! Congrats again!!

JaxonsMom2010 October 11th, 2012 05:53 PM

I'm glad he is here for you and you guys are doing good. Congrats again.

yashobo October 13th, 2012 04:20 PM

Your story had cracking up; weeny wacker:) Sorry Mr Dillon gave you all a run for your money. Glad everything went well. Congrats momma and thanks for sharing your story.