JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Graphic and Web Design (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f437-graphic-and-web-design/)
-   -   Another Design (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f437-graphic-and-web-design/1544302-another-design.html)

LadyViola May 1st, 2009 05:35 PM

Another Design

I created this for a Christian Daycare. I like this design because the customer just left me alone and let me design how I wanted. ha ha :D

LINK

Kilikina May 1st, 2009 09:10 PM

Re: Another Design

oooooooh I like that one alot. Where did you get the background from?
Do you know how to do the search on the website or do you get someone else to do that. The database behind it I mean.
Nice logo - did you do that too?
How did you get that cool effect with the image and the green on the top right corner?
Great joob I love it.

LadyViola May 2nd, 2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilikina (Post 15631259)
oooooooh I like that one alot. Where did you get the background from?
Do you know how to do the search on the website or do you get someone else to do that. The database behind it I mean.
Nice logo - did you do that too?
How did you get that cool effect with the image and the green on the top right corner?
Great joob I love it.

I made the background with some brushes I found for photoshop. The search feature is part of wordpress. I simply styled the search form using css. But there are some search scripts out there you can use,like sphider search engine. Sphider is php based. I made the logo using a graphic from dreamstime. I also made the header image using photoshop. I just used a gradient effect to blend it. :D

~InHisHands~ May 2nd, 2009 05:11 AM

Ooooooooh... love them both!!! You know, hanging around here & having never done a web page before, I am feeling a bit self-conscious since I know my first won't look ANYTHING like that! You ladies are great & maybe one day I can become as good as you! :blush:

Kilikina May 3rd, 2009 09:05 PM

InHisHands: We all started that way girl. You will get there - I know you will. You have the desire and the will. Just takes some practice and patience but you will get there. It is like anything - you have to start somewhere. Your first might not be what you expect it to be - but it will be a learning experience. Practice practice practice. Try just making sites that are maybe for no one but just something you can practice and learn new things. I am constantly learning new tips and tricks each site I do. There is just so many new things to learn - the possibilities are endless. So just stick with it girl. You will be fine. There are lots of great women on here to lead the way and help. Just don't hesitate to ask. ;)

CeiCei May 3rd, 2009 09:49 PM

That is a beautiful website. I love it!!!

Amanda, I agree with Kristina. It just takes practice. Even though I work everyday with websites in a 8-5 job, I still realize there is a lot for me to learn. I spend a lot of time putting together personal sites that I enjoy as hobbies and design them over and over again using different skills and techniques I learn. Believe me before long you will be a pro.:D

That is a beautiful website. I love it!!!

Amanda, I agree with Kristina. It just takes practice. Even though I work everyday with websites in a 8-5 job, I still realize there is a lot for me to learn. I spend a lot of time putting together personal sites that I enjoy as hobbies and design them over and over again using different skills and techniques I learn. Believe me before long you will be a pro.:D