JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Grief and Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f300-grief-and-loss/)
-   -   One year anniversary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f300-grief-and-loss/285082-one-year-anniversary.html)

Tanya G August 19th, 2006 08:24 PM

Hello all, I am new here,,, well I guess we all are since the board is new. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my mother in laws death. We were very close. I would like to do something in her memory but am somewhat at a loss as I know she would find it silly of me to do anyway. She always said she thought it was silly to go see someone at the cemetary because they arent there anyway. And never understood things like people buying flowers for someone at a funeral, because she said those thigns can be bought when a person is alive and its just silly when they are dead. I thought of lighting incense but I think I have packed those away(we are moving in a few weeks). If I can find a candle unpacked I may light a candle for her. Does anyone else have any ideas? I want to do something, but knowing how she feels about these things, also dont want to do anything she found silly if that makes sense.

*Cassie* August 20th, 2006 05:07 AM

:dothug: to you.

I don't know if this is something you could use, but I remember when my papa died when I was little, we all went to the store, got a balloon inflated, wrote a message for him on a little card, and tied it to the balloon. Then we all went to the cemetery and when we found him, we let the balloons go. We figured he would get them in heaven and would read our messages and know how much we missed him. Kind of cheesy I know, Mom and Dad probably did it more for us because we were young, but it's a thought.

68rn August 20th, 2006 06:38 AM

:dothug: :dothug: :dothug:

I don't really have any additional ideas for you (the balloon idea sounds great), but I wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of you today as you're honoring your MIL.

:dothug: :dothug: :dothug:

Mommieof3 August 20th, 2006 09:21 AM

HUGS!! And I am soo soo sorry about your loss....Mother and Daughter - In Laws can sometimes be just as close, and maybe even closer, than actual Mother and daughters....I hope this day goes quickly for you. :confused:

Tanya G August 20th, 2006 12:09 PM

Thanks so much girls, that is such a sweet idea about the balloon, but I dont think I can get up to the cemetary anyway, and I dont have any helium to just send it off from here but I think I will use that oneday.

I am going to wait till my son is in bed and light a candle for her and probably talk to her a little and hope that she is doing well.

Dreamme2006 August 20th, 2006 11:52 PM

Aww, sweetie I am so sorry. These sort of "milestones" are the worst. Hang in there. I think lighting a candle and talking to her is a wonderful idea. I always talk to my cousin when im feeling down about him.

:dothug: