JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Heated Debates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f46-heated-debates/)
-   -   Missing the toilet (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f46-heated-debates/1826739-missing-toilet.html)

IAmMomMomIAm January 5th, 2010 12:52 PM

Missing the toilet

I'm just full of topics today.

if your teenage son or relative repeatedly misses the toilet and hits the seat, how would you handle it?

Do you insist that your male housemates lift the seat before aiming?

Also, why do you think this happens? Is aiming too difficult for some men to pick up on?

Tammyjh January 5th, 2010 12:56 PM

Re: Missing the toilet

My cousin used to have a little sign above the toilet that said:

If you sprinkle
when you tinkle
please be neat
wipe the seat

I expect that if dh or the boys miss the seat or go on the seat, they wipe it up.
I've never had a problem with company missing the seat.....that I know of. If they do, they've cleaned up after themselves.

Kalia20 January 5th, 2010 01:02 PM

I've always heard

if you sprinkle
when you tinkle
be a sweetie
and wipe the seatie.

Close enough.

I dont think guys with prince albert's fit in this catergory as they have to sit down to pee. At least the two guys I know that have one do.

Lilmom January 5th, 2010 01:03 PM

omg. It's just lazy guys not paying attention at all. Dh is 6'2" and from that high up stuff happens and he doesn't always notice but his form is lazy. A little more attention to detail and there would be no issue. Any way I make him clean it now.

~Kris~ January 5th, 2010 01:28 PM

When we taught our son to stand (about a year after he was potty trained), we told him he had to wipe up any messes he makes, otherwise he would have to sit down to pee. He's good about cleaning up after himself.

glasscandie January 5th, 2010 01:43 PM

Gah! DH was so bad about this when we first got married, his was a male-dominated house maybe that's why? That habit changed very quickly, there's nothing as disgusting as going to pee in the middle of the night and sitting on a wet toilet seat YUCK. Gah, it still makes me squeamish lol

Emm17 January 5th, 2010 01:46 PM

Gag. My brother and dad were SO bad for this. Cory, thank god, is not.

Mommiex2 January 5th, 2010 01:49 PM

I don't think it's always a hight thing. My DH is 6'3" and if he misses, I would never know it. He puts the seat AND the lid down every time he uses the bathroom, and he always cleans up after himself. Like I said, if he misses, I would never even know it.

However, I once BRIEFLY dated a man that was 6'5", and when he missed, he hit THE TOP OF THE TANK. It was disgusting. This is one of the many reasons why our dating was very brief.

KrazE January 5th, 2010 01:51 PM

In a house of 4 males (not counting the cats) my daughter & I appreciate the lid lifting. They are not too bad at aiming, so I don't get many issues.

If they do miss a bit, it's typically because they are in a rush to go back to whatever game they were doing, or they are rushing to pee because they waited until the last minute.
The two youngest are the ones that typically do that, but they primarily use the downstairs bathroom, so it's not too bad.

sandyjoys January 5th, 2010 01:55 PM

My husband has always been good about this and putting down the seat, but now I have two young boys and I have a feeling this is going to be a battle for a long time. I plan on training early!

SusieQ2 January 5th, 2010 02:30 PM

I'd hand him the cleaner and paper towels (yes I use paper towels to clean around the toilet bowl!) and tell him he better get to work cleaning that mess up! DH is pretty good about not making a mess luckily and he always lifts the seat and puts it back down.

Gina1978 January 5th, 2010 03:37 PM

if your teenage son or relative repeatedly misses the toilet and hits the seat, how would you handle it?
I am actually deaing with this on a daily basis ALL the time.My son (and my husband) cant seem to completely aim at the 10 inch wide pool of water at the bottom of the toilet.Anyone would think they are dealing with a 10ft long firemans hose that goes all over the place once they start to pee <_<
I handle it by telling the to either clean up after themselfs afterwards,or SIT THE HECK DOWN!
They have a hose with a tiny single hole..how is it possible to miss the bottom of the toilet??
:huh:

Do you insist that your male housemates lift the seat before aiming?
Oh they lift the seat,thats not the problem.The problem is them not aiming properly,not holding their penis as they pee,or shaking it and splashing pee all over the place once they´re done.
Ive had to wipe pee off of the walls surrounding the toilet! Thats GROSS!

Also, why do you think this happens? Is aiming too difficult for some men to pick up on?
In the case of my son and husband,they make ALOT more mess when they shake it after they´re done.It goes up the walls,onto the seat,the floor etc.I used to have a toilet seat cover and a matching mat around the bottom of the toilet,but I had to get rid of that because after a few days,its STUNK to high heavens of pee! :mad:
Cant they just wipe/dab it a little like women do?? Why must they shake it dry?? They use a towel when they get out of the shower,why cant they use paper after they pee?
I dont get men
.They come equipped with an acsesory that enables them to pee standing up,and no matter how old they get,they never learn how to control it or keep it clean *sigh*

Mikasa January 5th, 2010 03:44 PM

DH is terrible at aiming into the toilet! He lifts the seat up and can't seem to get all in the freaking toilet! I have to clean pee off the floor and it is of a grown man :mad: and I tell him to clean it up himself but he does not care to and I am not going to leave pee on the floor. He never puts the seat back down either, drives me crazy. When I was growing up, no one ever left the seat up, ever!

KrazE January 5th, 2010 03:49 PM

lol

YouTube - Automatic toilet seat

SweetSimpleThings January 5th, 2010 04:02 PM

I don't know what I'd do - my DH is a "sitter" so it's not an issue, lol.

I know that the woman who used to live in my house had three sons and a husband, and the first time after we bought the house that I lifted the toilet seat to clean it, I saw a message she had written ON the underside of the toilet seat in Sharpie marker: Please put the seat down when you are done!!!

:lol:

**Badfish** January 5th, 2010 04:14 PM

:mellow: I've shared a bathroom with a brother, male roommates and my husband and I've never had to deal with pee on the seat.

blondie-lox January 5th, 2010 04:14 PM

My DF sits to pee. He's 6'5'' and from that height there is a lot of splatter, and I mean on the floor, on the walls, on the seat, ICK!

So I took him and showed him the mess he makes and now he seats to pee. He respected that I do the cleaning and the least he could do was sit down. So he does. Our son will seat to pee too. I don't care what DF does out of the house though.

Mom2Froggy January 5th, 2010 04:34 PM

When I lived with my boyfriend and his son I was glad that my boyfriend trained him to ALWAYS put the seat back down. My boyfriend is very good about cleaning up after himself and never leaves evidence of splashing or missing anywhere.

His son, on the other hand, we've had a couple issues about. The first time I cleaned the bathroom after I moved in I REFUSED to scrub the floor around the toilet and the toilet seat, back of the toilet, or any other place that his son had missed. It was sooooo gross. I told him that he either taught his son to aim or he could clean that himself. He had a talk with his son and now he is better :)

Christy72 January 5th, 2010 05:34 PM

Can someone please please please talk to my dh about this. Forget my step son, he is the culprit most of the time. Hmph!

:lol:

frgsonmysox January 5th, 2010 05:39 PM

Chris is good about it, but the kids are horrible. Anastasia even manages to get pee everywhere!