JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Heated Debates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f46-heated-debates/)
-   -   Sandy Hook Shooting - Hoax???? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f46-heated-debates/2615338-sandy-hook-shooting-hoax.html)

MindyRambo January 16th, 2013 06:41 AM

Sandy Hook Shooting - Hoax????

There seems to be a massive movement to prove this was all a hoax. Absolutely crazy. While I admit there are some inconsistencies, most that I've seen are explainable.

So what do you think?

The Oct/12 PR is discussing this here: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...-no-words.html

I guess I'm blown away by the amount of people who buy this.

Then again, here's some "evidence" that it was a hoax. I will admit something seems off and strange but can't believe how many people think this was really a massive hoax by the Obama Administration

All Actors??? - It seems unbelievable, because it is.

Sandy Hook - The Truth (Controversial Documentary) 12-14-2012 UPDATED NWO 2013 - YouTube

Sandy Hook Aunt Of Emilie Parker Confused? - YouTube

Absolute Proof Sandy Hook was Staged - YouTube

Remarkable resemblance of Sandy Hook victims and professional crisis actors | Fellowship of the Minds

bryan and nina January 16th, 2013 07:02 AM

Re: Sandy Hook Shooting - Hoax????

I've just started reading about this yesterday since, as you already saw, our pr has been talking about this. It seems to me that there is more than just mere "inconsistencies". How do you explain the fact that memorial pages surfaced before the actual shooting? And the fact that there seem to be no records for the mom or the nurse at the school?
I'm not "buying into" the conspiracy; just a little taken aback by all these bits of information surfacing.

MindyRambo January 16th, 2013 07:19 AM

I too think there are many many questions that seem unanswered.

For the memorial pages, I say never underestimate how tech savvy some people are. Has anyone seen this pages before the shooting? Dates can easily be altered.

For the nurse, I have yet to see anything, and that's definitely questionable.

As for Emilie Parker in that picture with Obama, it's clearly her little sister, and there are several reputable sources who state this many times.

Also, the reason there is no record of her attending Sandy Hook is because she very recently had moved there from Utah. So it makes sense that perhaps they had yet to transfer records.

Tammyjh January 16th, 2013 09:48 AM

People always have crazy conspiracy theories about a lot of things however, I think the amount of them turning up about Sandy Hook right now are sick, disgusting, and rubbing salt in the wounds of families who lost their babies that day. I cannot imagine being a family member or friend and have to see that. Sad, and my heart goes out to the loved ones who are grieving their losses.

plan4fate January 16th, 2013 08:57 PM

While I agree, there have been some inconsistencies... I also take anything that comes out withing 24 hours of an incident with a major grain of salt. Usually after a week it's easier to see the broad photo. Something speculated at 2hours after may be very different from what actually happened. But some people just don't understand that initial reviews and the final information are different.

The Emilie thing was very upsetting for me. It took me exactly 45 seconds to find out the red dress photo was from a previous year and that it was her sister. But I must have heard "siblings don't look that much alike" a dozen times in reply to my pointing it out.

I too am blown away by the amount of people who have bought into this. I have some very strong opinions on the reasons why, but they're rather insulting so I'll keep them to myself.

Kiam January 17th, 2013 02:26 AM

I really cannot believe that so many people believe this, it really is concerning how willing people are to believe conspiracy theories rather than a horrible incident.

In reference specifically to the dates of internet pages, Snopes pretty much covers a explanation of this (and pretty much everything else)
snopes.com: Sandy Hook Hoax Video

Frackel January 17th, 2013 08:17 AM

People can be trained to believe anything when they can't wrap their little minds around something.
I mean that exactly as it sounds too, not as a derogatory comment as if we're trained monkeys or something. We all have little minds, in the grand scheme of things. We often train our own minds and just don't know it.(most of the things we do as parents, humans even, are because we've trained ourselves to "know" this, or that, is right, or wrong, etc...)
No one person can ever truly understand everything in the universe, so we pick and chose that which we understand, or want to understand. No matter what, we will never understand it all. There isn't enough brain capacity anywhere to understand it all, human or otherwise.

It's not surprising when people come out with conspiracy theories, things that explain things away that others just can't grasp, things that seem so unreal and unfathomable they just might make other people think they're a complete nutjob, or lost every marble they ever possibly had.
Emotional events are far more likely to trigger this kind of reaction to something too. Involve children and, well, yeah...this is what happens. This is only the tip of the ice burg too.

When we see something, or hear of something, so heinous(or even to the contrary, unbelievably magnificent and joyous) that we can't wrap our minds around it, sometimes we try to find ways to help ourselves better understand. For some people it's to figure out exactly what happened, sticking to the facts and only the facts, no speculation. For others it's to find a way to explain away the madness and the act itself, regardless of how odd it may seem, including any and all speculation possible. For some it's to understand the mindset of the person-or persons-that committed the act to begin with. For some it's a combination of all of the above. I am quite sure there are at least a dozen other scenarios that can and do take place as well.

This is why people seem to "buy into" things that others are on the opposite side of the fence about. What seems illogical to some, is perfectly logical to others. No two brains ever work identically at all times. No two people will ever have the exact same understanding of all things, at all times. When trying to understand one concept, one act, one event, we may lose our grasp of understanding-lack of better term here-in other areas.
This is how grieving people can sometimes not only come to terms(seemingly) with the loss of a loved one, but even go so far as to forgive the person(persons) who caused the death they are grieving. This is also why many others cannot understand how they could possibly come to those places in life, because we couldn't ever...or think we couldn't anyway. We just can't grasp that understanding. We may never.

It won't make sense if you're not the one "buying into" the conspiracy theory. It's not really supposed to. At least I don't believe it is, seeing that our minds will never work identically to another person's. If the fact that people are "buying into it" made sense to you, you'd be on the same plane as them, in the same place as them. So you wouldn't be questioning why they believe it.

Make sense? Probably not, lol.

Some people need to have "proof" of everything, even if the proof isn't real, but imagined. This is just how their minds work. Sometimes this need, this insatiable need for proof can be invaluable for law enforcement, research, etc.. etc... Sometimes it can help get crimes, even ones we didn't know were committed, solved. Sometimes, it's just a maddening way of life that can be all consuming. I think most people fall somewhere between those, though.

We all have things we believe, or would like to believe, that others disagree with wholeheartedly. In that right, we're all the same.

Sometimes it makes me sad to see people want to believe so much in something they seem to grasp at straws that aren't even there. I just can't understand why they do. I'll probably never understand why they do. A specific kind of scenario popped into my head here, but I am not going to post it as I know it's something that hits too close to home for some of our posters and it might sound insensitive of me. But I am sure we can all think of something that we've come across, read, heard, whatever, that fits this bill. Sometimes it makes me scratch my head and wonder what their true competency level is too. Not because I'm mean, but because it sounds soooo far out there to me and my mind. But most times, it just makes me think. Could they be right? Does their opinion have merit? Is it really worth looking into? Should I even be thinking this way? And as a result.... Why the hell am I even thinking this at all? What good exactly will come of this mindset? What can possibly be changed as a result of my/their strong desire to know "what happened"?
A million and one questions, most of which will never be answered. Yet we never stop asking them. We raise our children, for the most part, to understand all that they can. We teach them to question that which they don't understand. So it should come as no surprise to us that adults do the very same.

That's what I think is going on here. Some people really NEED to understand, and will go to almost any length to do so. Because the acts committed are so mind boggling to most of us, we'll never truly understand. But it certainly won't stop us from trying. For some people that goes back to what I said up there...they will try to find a way.. ANY way, to explain the events. Regardless of what anyone else thinks. That can also mean they see things that aren't really there, because their thought process is so focused on another aspect, it just has no room for anything else at that very moment. You can't try and justify away their opinion, even if you present them with facts. Because in all likelihood, they won't understand those facts you're giving them-intentional or not. All you will accomplish is giving them another goal, another piece of the puzzle to add to their whole "must explain this away" mindset.

Eh, sorry, that was really long. I had a discussion like this with a parent group about a week ago. Mostly about how people can come up with an explanation for anything. Guess it's still fresh on my mind. Or fresher than I thought anyway.

birdblue January 17th, 2013 11:06 AM

I think anything can be twisted to look suspicious or questionable if someone wants it to be. There are inconsistencies in everything because as humans our minds are faulty and the same exact situation can be seen very differently by two different people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan4fate (Post 26982146)
While I agree, there have been some inconsistencies... I also take anything that comes out withing 24 hours of an incident with a major grain of salt. Usually after a week it's easier to see the broad photo. Something speculated at 2hours after may be very different from what actually happened. But some people just don't understand that initial reviews and the final information are different.

The Emilie thing was very upsetting for me. It took me exactly 45 seconds to find out the red dress photo was from a previous year and that it was her sister. But I must have heard "siblings don't look that much alike" a dozen times in reply to my pointing it out.

I too am blown away by the amount of people who have bought into this. I have some very strong opinions on the reasons why, but they're rather insulting so I'll keep them to myself.

The news thing is just ridiculous, the news media are so desperate to have something to report in incidence like this that they report anything they get. Without looking into it and investigating. So a man was found in the woods at the time, that doesn't mean he was involved. The Emilie photo thing is truly insane, i think it's pretty clear to see that is her younger sister with Obama. And the people saying how Emilie was photo shopped into family pictures, there are pictures such as the one on snopes (pointing out it is in fact her younger sister, not her) where she is in the middle. If it is a conspiracy that would be quite a slip to bring out the wrong sister, Come on.

And the talk about why hasn't Ryan been on the news. Um, his brother just murdered his mother and several other innocent people. And first he was identified on television as being the killer. Maybe he wants nothing to do with the news media and is trying to sort things out.