JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Heated Debates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f46-heated-debates/)
-   -   Gay Marriage (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f46-heated-debates/2705463-gay-marriage.html)

Rainbow Momma January 27th, 2014 12:50 PM

Gay Marriage

Im just curious as to what everyone's thoughts and opinions are on gay marriage/rights.

You will in no way shape or form offend me, i understand that everyone has their own beliefs/thinking and i respect that. I am just curious as what the mommies here think about it.

leahlioness January 27th, 2014 07:40 PM

Re: Gay Marriage

IMO, same sex marriage is absolutely no different from heterosexual marriage. Love is love. it's not like homosexual people produce the wrong chemicals in their brains that make them feel love, it's the same no matter what colour, religion or orientation you happen to be.

veronica.keely January 28th, 2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leahlioness (Post 27928842)
IMO, same sex marriage is absolutely no different from heterosexual marriage. Love is love. it's not like homosexual people produce the wrong chemicals in their brains that make them feel love, it's the same no matter what colour, religion or orientation you happen to be.

Basically what you said. :smile:

plan4fate January 30th, 2014 03:37 PM

100% in favor of Gay Marriage

My2miracles February 19th, 2014 11:31 AM

I support it 100%

Josie+Shpala February 20th, 2014 01:35 PM

I also support it 110%. Can't even believe it's an issue.

mialee February 20th, 2014 07:24 PM

I support MARRIAGE to who ever you choose and love.

kristaok May 13th, 2015 10:37 PM

Not a supporter

misty3281 May 14th, 2015 05:01 AM

First time posting in this group so HI!

Personally I really don't understand why people are so concerned with who somebody else loves. I just don't think it should be an issue. My employer is actually adding insurance benefits for same-sex spouses when our new fiscal year starts. I think it's wonderful.

jk1954 May 30th, 2015 10:37 PM

Totally in favor--but I think people who aren't have the right not to participate without being called haters and so forth.

rachelc0 June 3rd, 2015 08:42 AM

not supporter just strictly based on my religious beliefs.

JNIEVES June 19th, 2015 12:11 PM

I'm for it.

I think everyone should be entitled to the same rights, protections and benefits under the law - straight or gay. Religion should have nothing to do with it.

mandy5586 June 23rd, 2015 08:07 PM

1000000% percent for it.

Mrs.Black2006 June 27th, 2015 01:03 AM

For me, it's more about the freedom to practice our faith without fear of getting sued. Many bakeries that are Christian based don't feel right about making cakes or participating in a gay wedding. Instead of that couple going to another bakery, they sue the bakers for all they are worth. That isn't right!

JNIEVES June 30th, 2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.Black2006 (Post 28343972)
For me, it's more about the freedom to practice our faith without fear of getting sued. Many bakeries that are Christian based don't feel right about making cakes or participating in a gay wedding. Instead of that couple going to another bakery, they sue the bakers for all they are worth. That isn't right!

OK...so I was raised born again. And I have a huge issue with this - and here's why. As Christian's we're called to be witnesses for Christ, and to follow in his footsteps. Now, and this is my opinion, since Jesus went to the sinners, ate with them, served them, even down to washing the disciples feet at Passover, aren't we supposed to do the same? So how are we as Christian's being a witness if we deny someone service because we don't agree with their lifestyle? Jesus said the greatest commandment was to love one another. And in all honesty, according to the gospels - Jesus never once even addressed homosexuality, so how is it our right to make judgements in his name?

NOW - with regards to rights - I believe that churches and religious institutions should not be required to perform ceremonies for homosexuals if it goes against their doctrine. However, if you are a Justice of the Peace or Lay Minister - IE Gov't ordained official then you should be required to provide services for anyone who requests them from you regardless of whether you agree or not.

LLK September 11th, 2015 02:04 PM

I am for it. I am Catholic and I give ZERO cares about who you want to marry. And I feel very strongly that NO ONE should be able to tell anyone who they can and cannot marry. I have gotten into some heated debates with family members that go back to religion. Here is what I tell them.. I am not asking you to change your mind, I am not asking you to practice the lifestyle no matter what you say or do it will not change that person's mind just as what they say probably wont change yours. SO why can't we just accept it and move on? It has NO BARING what so ever on your life who someone chooses to marry and I am saying that from someone who has gay marriage within the family. Still has zero baring on my life. I just now have another HUMAN to love, and can give love in return. Can provide my children with another support system etc. I would rather have someone that can show unconditional love vs. someone who says they can't due to their beliefs because of what the bible says but came to my wedding where I lived with hubby before we were married, weren't married before we were intimate and OH NO I am divorced. Those are all things the bible also says so Nope they shouldn't have come to my wedding based off of that reasoning. Is my own personal opinion. Sorry rant over.. This is a very raw topic going on within my family right now and its tearing it apart. When we all know in 50 years.. it WILL BE a non issue.