JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   **Helpful TTC Information** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1810-helpful-ttc-information/)
-   -   ~Words of Encouragement!~ (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1810-helpful-ttc-information/2489387-words-encouragement.html)

Wishinfor2ndblessing February 14th, 2012 07:06 AM

~Words of Encouragement!~

For those of us who have struggled and then succeed in conception. We now have a wonderful child and can already understand. So this is more for those TTC#1, but is open for any who need a little lifting of the spirits.

It took 3yrs and a MC for DH and I to have our son, so I understand all the frustration, tears, heartache, and feelings that you are broken or not truly a woman that comes with unsuccessful TTC. So know your not going thru this alone. There are others here who know exactly how you feel. We are here for you if you need to vent, have questions, or just need a shoulder to cry on when everything is weighing you down and you don't know what to do next.

DH may not always get it, he may accidentally hurt your feeling, he may think that you are putting too much pressure on HIM when really he has no clue the pressure on YOU. Just remember his hurtful words or his trying to FIX things, comes 1stly from his concern for you. He is your partner in this journey, but sometimes you need an outside friend that can be objective and still cry with you. That's what we here at JM are for.

But mostly know this when you do get PG, and then come to the end of your 9mo wait for your baby, then you get to hold that little life in you arms, everything is worth it. All that will matter is that tiny person you created. All the hard times, the struggles, the frustration, tears, anger, and feelings of worthless that comes with feeling broken instantly go away. You may remember that things you went thru, but the emotions that you had seem to fade away.

So even though it's not really possible, don't stress the small stuff. It does get better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. We are all here for you, thru the hard times and the blessed times. We will cry with you and we will deffinately celebrate with you.

You are not alone.

~MommaHarvey

Let's Continue to uplift and encourage each other on this journey of TTC.

AimeeD041727 February 14th, 2012 07:49 AM

Re: ~Thoughtful Tuesday~

No day but today! - Rent the broadway musical

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
- "For Good" Wicked

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

Wishinfor2ndblessing February 14th, 2012 08:15 AM

A friend of mine who has been TTC her 2nd for almost 6 years told me this weekend.... "We are not broken, our bodies are just being a B**ch and we need to fight back."

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. ~Romans 8:28

The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." ~Footprints in the Sand

-Brandy- February 14th, 2012 09:32 AM

Not just in ttc, but in life as well:

Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

(Apparently there is a second part I did not know about)
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

And I haven't looked at this one in a while so I had to dig it out, but here it is:

Don't Quit

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

Wishinfor2ndblessing February 14th, 2012 11:38 AM

These are great ladies!! :D Lets keep it going!!!!

MAS1313 February 14th, 2012 12:09 PM

My Biggest one is "Patience is a Virtue".....I repeat this over and over.

Also I came across some great quotes when decorating DS rooms

ďDon't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.Ē
― Dr. Seuss

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!Ē
― Dr. Seuss

"You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!Ē
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Kissthegirl February 14th, 2012 02:45 PM

"Delight yourself in the LORD and HE WILL give you the desires of your heart." - Psalm 37:4

"Now to Him who is able to do FAR MORE abundantly beyond all that we ask or imagine..." Eph. 3:20

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to BE STILL." Exodus 14:14 (my fav)

Lyrics (partial) to Martina's new song, I'm Gonna Love You Through It:

She said, "I don't think I can do this anymore"
He took her in his arms and said "That's what my love is for"

When youíre weak, Iíll be strong
When you let go, Iíll hold on
When you need to cry, I swear that Iíll be there to dry your eyes
When you feel lost and scared to death,
Like you canít take one more step
Just take my hand, together we can do it
Iím gonna love you through it.

And when this road gets too long
I'll be the rock you lean on
Just take my hand, together we can do it

SLP83 February 14th, 2012 03:15 PM

I have a bunch of quotes pinned on Pinterest, and these are the ones that I pinned because I thought they went well with TTC:

"When you are going through something hard and wonder where God is, just remember the teacher is always quiet during a test"

"Faith in God includes faith in His timing"

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow'"

"Don't try to understand everything, because sometimes it is not meant to be understood, but to be accepted"

"Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change"

"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for"

leelee7232 February 14th, 2012 03:39 PM

This is a great post!!

Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.~~Unknown

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
Confucius

True happiness involves the full use of one's power and talents.
John W. Gardner

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
Thomas Jefferson

Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.
Maya Angelou

Wishinfor2ndblessing March 5th, 2012 12:55 PM

Re: ~Words of Encouragement!~

I made this today, and I think its perfect for moments where we need to be uplifted and reminded that God is in control. :D

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/...ssing/Life.jpg

Hardworking mom May 6th, 2012 11:43 AM

very encouraging message ladies "...God is truly incontrol..."

Juliebridget June 23rd, 2012 05:59 PM

thank you very much for the courage to keep going . i agree
... "GOD IS IN CONTROL"...

Frozenoj July 24th, 2012 05:50 PM

“Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not *** it after all.” ― Douglas Adams

“Great heroes need great sorrows and burdens, or half their greatness goes unnoticed. It is all part of the fairy tale.” ― Peter S. Beagle

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places. But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

ETA: Ha! Didn't realize it would censor the Douglas Adams one. It said the middle part of ineffable if you can't tell.

Charizma26 August 3rd, 2012 08:06 PM

Hi, I just joined this forum today but have visited it a zillion times before .I can complete yrs ate to the anxious ttc women. So,I thought I should also add some words of encouragement. I have been married for 5 yrs. I didn't try for a kid for first 2.5 yrs, assuming that I can have it whenever u want it. But, I was so wrong. My husband's in merchant navy, so we are together for only 6 months in an year. This puts more pressure on us. Before I started to try, got all my tests. My prolactin was high, so I was on cabergoline for 2 years. Though the levels got stabilised but to maintain it while ttc had to continue with it. I got all possible tests done to find out everything is normal. I was 27 when I started trying and today I am gonna turn 30 soon. I got 2 IUI done but conception didn't happen. I got hsg test( test to check the blockage of Fallopian tubes) and found out everything is normal and smooth.I used to get follicle monitoring every month to figur out which are the trying days and used to get hcg shots to ensure ovulation. I had given up hope and was disillusioned. My doctor was very hopeful and used to encourage me every time. Finally after trying of 15 months I conceived naturally:) ( 8 months of self trying and 7 months of follicle monitoring and hcgs) . The difference I had noted in that month were as follows- 1. I had taken a break from my job for 3-4 months (tht means less stress level). 2. Quit coffee. 3. Used pressed as lubricant( ever since we has started intercourse I had been using ky jelly as lubricant, but read somewhere it might hinder the movement and life of sperm . The only user friendly lubricant was pre seed so ordered it tight away.I had read on a lot of forums that people using pre seed conceived immediately and tried to know it was true.). So out of the three reasons above I think less stress and using pressed definitely worked for us and today I am 5 days 5weeks pregnant. So, don't lose hope as you don't know which month it will happen to you. Ihope this helps and gives u hope. Please have patience and faith in god. Power of a prayer is enormous :)

hoping2beAmomSoon September 8th, 2012 11:59 AM

This is beautiful and so very helpful. I started crying immediately after reading all these posts :) I have been with my Fiance for 10 years. We haven't started TTC until about a month ago, BUT haven't tried to prevent pregancy either. Thank you for making me realize that I am not broken. These posts helped me more than you all will ever know!:D

MzN84 January 19th, 2013 02:57 PM

Wow I came to this site today for words of encouragement & you all have truly given me just that. I've been ttc for the last 7 years, not that I was really trying to prevent it before hand. However nothing has yet to happen. I thank you all for the love & support you have no idea what a difference you have just made in my heart.

I am not broken, my body is just as stubborn as I can be i guess lol