JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   High Risk and TTC (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1529-high-risk-and-ttc/)
-   -   emsketch's TTC journal (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1529-high-risk-and-ttc/2218071-emsketchs-ttc-journal.html)

emsketch January 14th, 2011 11:02 AM

emsketch's TTC journal

Ok! Here we go!

I am still on CD 30 of the cycle before we start, but AF will be showing up any minute so I figured I would start this. Today I ordered some Pre-Seed lubricant. I have my opks ready and a stock of FRER tests. I am a planner and I feel like I need to haveeverything that I need ready.

I am pretty nervous about the whole thing, but more excited than nervous. I am really wanting an Oct/Nov baby. Dec. would also be ok, but if we are not pregnant by April we will stop trying and rethink the whole thing. Possibly restarting in August.

I am calling my pulmonologist to see if I need to see him before this all gets underway. I know that I will need to see my hematologist and talk to him to see if he wants me on the Lovenox while TTC. My OB does, but I do not think it is needed. I will let me hematologist make that call though.

emsketch January 14th, 2011 11:08 AM

Re: emsketch's TTC journal

So I am seeing my hematologist on the 24th at 2:30!

Seattlite January 14th, 2011 12:49 PM

Just popping in to say good luck and I hope we both get our BFP this cycle!!!

emsketch January 15th, 2011 12:48 PM

Thanks Beth! Me too!

emsketch January 16th, 2011 11:32 AM

CD 32. Still no AF. I am so impatient! I just want this cycle to go away so I can get this started! I hate to see what I will be like in a few weeks from now when I am waiting to test. I am not a person who likes to wait!

emsketch January 18th, 2011 03:06 PM

CD 34 and AF is being a witch and just refuses to show up. I tested this morning and it was a glaring BFN. My cycles had been running a nice 30 day average the last few months, and the one time that I actually care about AF getting here she takes her sweet time.

Mandarae2787 January 18th, 2011 03:22 PM

Hang in there! :) Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

emsketch January 19th, 2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandarae2787 (Post 22782892)
Hang in there! :) Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks!

CD 35! Woohoo! Longest cycle I have had in nearly a year! Awesome! (I figured I would try and be more positive about the whole thing!) Another negative test today. Looking at my chart I do not think that I O'ed this month. Normally I have obvious O pain, and this month, nothing. Plus my temps are all over the place. I think that a lot if that is because I am a mouth breather and I take my temp orally. I think that I will temp vaginally on the next cycle. I am trying to be positive but I am really frustrated. I know that it will happen in time, but it is really discouraging to wait this long and then have the very begining of TTC go like this.

Seattlite January 19th, 2011 07:39 AM

I had the same problem when we got ready to TTC--AF showed up several days late. So frustrating, isn't it? Hang in there, I'm sure she'll show up eventually!

emsketch January 20th, 2011 03:48 PM

CD36.
I am feeling so ugh. I am just having a hard week. My birthday is Tuesday and there were all sorts of things that I wanted to do this weekend. Looks like none of them will be happening. I am just feeling really down about everything lately. I cannot believe that I am on CD 36 of what is the last cycle before we officially start trying. I cannot believe that I have 6 days off of work and I will be doing nothing.
I am still holding on to a tiny bit of hope that I Oed really late in the game and could still be pregnant. I will not be heart broken if I am not, but if not, AF needs to drag her self over here!
Pity party over.

emsketch January 22nd, 2011 06:00 PM

CD 38. Yea.

emsketch January 23rd, 2011 10:55 AM

CD39. I would be totally bummed, but when I entered my temp into FF for today it gave me crosshairs on CD 27. It was one of the 2 points in which I thought I might have ovulated this cycle, if at all. That gives me a little more hope. We dtd 2 days before Oing, but I hold out no hope for this cycle. I tested this morning and it was a blaring negative. I am just thrilled to see those crosshairs! Now AF just needs to get here!

emsketch January 24th, 2011 11:57 AM

CD 40. 13DPO
Cramped like crazy last night.
Took a test this morning and it was a BFN, but that is not a shock to me at all. I have a doc appointment today and wanted to test before seeing him. I am pretty excited about seeing the doc today. It is my hematologist and he will decide when I should start my injectable blood thinners. I will probably start them once my next cycle starts....if that ever freaking happens!

emsketch January 24th, 2011 04:39 PM

My appointment with the hematologist was interesting. He told me that we would start me on the Lovenox as soon as my cycle started. His nurse wll call me tomorrow to let me know exactly what injectable I will be one and the cheapest way to get it. MY doc is amazing, and he giggled when I told him I was 9 days late and had ovulted later then normal. I could tell that he was completely convinced I was pg, I assured him that I had tested this morning and it was as negative as negative can be.

Here is the interesting part. He seemed shocked that I was still on coumadin. His exact words were that he thought I was being "over treated". He said that for my clotting disorder and my medical history he would have only kept me on Coumadin for a year after my clot. At that point he would have reevaluated the benefit vs the risk and he said that for most patients, especially younger one, the risks outweigh the benefits. He told me that I could stop taking the coumadin today. That made me nervous and I let him know that and he told me that it would be fine for me to keep taking it until starting the injectables.

I am going to talk to my pulmonologist this week, since he is the one who first put me on the Coumadin adn has kept me on it. Maybe there is more to my case than the hematologist knows, or maybe I have been over treated. I am very interested in hearing what he says, expecially since I HATE taking Coumadin and I am sure that the long term effects of it cannot be good.

emsketch January 25th, 2011 08:17 PM

CD 41.
My boobs hurt, my back hurts and AF seriously should be here soon.
Talked to the nurse from my hematologist's office and there was some confusion with my pharmacy and the Lovenox. The pharmacy was saying that they had never filled Lovenox for me before even though they are the only pharmacy I ever had it filled at. So I got that cleared up with them and now my doc's office is in the process of getting it pre-authed by my insurance.

emsketch January 26th, 2011 03:28 PM

CD 42. Boobs hurting a lot more. In general just not feeling well. Temp dropped today so I really think that AF will be here soon.

My insurance oked covering Lovenox while I am TTC. I called my OB to double check that I should start it at the begining of my cycle. Now we wait......

emsketch January 27th, 2011 03:10 PM

CD1! I am sooo freaking excited!

Now the journey really begins! My OB office called me back today and told me that I do not need to start the Lovenox until I get a positive test. This is contrary to what my OB told me when I had my pap. He told me that he wanted me to be on Lovenox from the begining of the cycle when we start TTC. I am going to call them back in the am and remind them that I am currently on Coumadin and see if they still want me to stay on it until I get a BFP.

I am bummed that the last cycle kind of screwed me out of a cycle to try. If we are not pregnant by April we will take a few months off and try again come fall. If my stupid cycle would have stayed on track I would be Oing this weekend. Oh well.

Seattlite January 27th, 2011 03:37 PM

So glad AF finally showed up! Keeping my fingers crossed that you get a quick BFP!

emsketch January 30th, 2011 11:14 AM

Thanks!

CD 4. Have not bee na ble to temp fo rthe last 2 days because a little someone has hid my thermometer. If I don't find it today I will go buy another. I swear, that child has a knack to hiding stuff!

emsketch January 31st, 2011 03:23 PM

CD 5. Just read yesterday's post, and wow, my typing and grammar were horrible. lol
AF is on her way out. Hopefully she will be gone in the next day or so and I can begin to temp vaginally. I am hoping to get more reliable temps that way.