JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   High Risk Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/)
-   -   Anyone used/using progesterone??? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/2608062-anyone-used-using-progesterone.html)

Suesue77 December 23rd, 2012 03:44 PM

Anyone used/using progesterone???

I'm preg with my third child and my dr plans to start progesterone shots at 16 wks due to 2 premature births previously (both healthy & happy thank God!).... I just read that there are different kinds of progesterone:pill, shot...which is better? Also, has it worked for you?

pinkpopsicles December 26th, 2012 05:20 PM

Re: Anyone used/using progesterone???

I began the shots at 16 weeks but I started running fevers after getting my shots so my doc switched me to the suppositories. I think they're working better for me actually. Not as many contractions. Have to take them daily though and they're kind of messy.

KMH December 26th, 2012 05:36 PM

I did the suppositories. They weren't fun, but I think they helped! You kind of leak out little goopy bits throughout the day, so you may want to wear a pantyliner. Otherwise they aren't too bad. Good luck!

Suesue77 December 26th, 2012 06:12 PM

Thanks girls!

philly78 December 27th, 2012 08:25 PM

I gave myself shots during my last pregnancy. With my first son, my water broke around 27 weeks and he was born at 32. With my second, the shots kept me going til 39 weeks. :)

So I'd say the shots worked for me. Good luck!

bcogoli December 28th, 2012 05:52 AM

I used the shots and other than some soreness they were fine. My first was a preemie and i used the progesterone with my second and she was born at 38 weeks. Good luck with them, please keep us updated.

Suesue77 December 28th, 2012 12:45 PM

Oh, thank you guys so much! That's th big fear I've had with this pregnancy and I feel like a weight has been lifted- thank you:)

MarieMom January 16th, 2013 09:53 AM

I had my first baby at 32 weeks. I'm getting the progesterone shots this time around, and am now in my 34th week. I can't believe we've made it this far; I'm convinced it's the injections!

bcogoli January 16th, 2013 10:34 AM

The shots are amazing. I am taking them now and im pretty confident they will hold off labor.

ambee January 17th, 2013 10:35 AM

I'm taking them now as well, have been since 17 weeks. My last DD was born at 34 weeks. Though I still started BH ctx at 20 weeks (which have my doctors a little unnerved) my cervix still looks great! Even having a chance of term baby makes the rest of this totally worth it.

Wee3monkeys January 18th, 2013 11:58 AM

I have a progesterone deficiency, and I have taken the shots during my last three pregnancies. I WANTED to use the suppositories, but my numbers were never stable enough. I swear the injections worked too, I have three preterm babies, but after multiple losses I swear the progesterone is beneficial.

mrskristinmack January 21st, 2013 02:12 PM

I am doing the shots. Started them at 16 weeks and while I have headaches afterwards, I really hope they work. This is my first time using them. Both my girls were premature, but my 2nd was very premature at 33 weeks. So I will doa almost anything to up my chances of having a term baby.

Good luck!

Crystal_Lynn February 4th, 2013 07:31 PM

My first little one was born at 32 weeks. Took the 17p injections from 17-35 weeks with my second. When contractions would break through at the end of the week I took procardia to control them, from 31.5 weeks until 37 weeks. My stinker was born at 38+1 weeks. I'm pretty sure that without the progesterone and procardia I'd have had another 32 or 33 weeker. I was 3 cm and 70% for over 6 weeks.

Good luck to you!