JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   High Risk Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/)
-   -   Low papp-a levels (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/2613984-low-papp-levels.html)

Krisnina January 11th, 2013 08:58 PM

Low papp-a levels

I'm trying not to freak out but after the perinatalogist visit today, I am worried. My first trimester bloodwork came back with a 1:14 chance of downs. I had the maternit21 test that same day and that came back negative -which was good. Today I had my first genetic counsel meeting and met with the perinatalogist and he did a sonogram, but said it was too early to say baby was in the clear and that I need to come back when I am 19 weeks. If that sonogram looks good than my chances for downs will go down. The doctor explained that my papp-a levels were extremely low-being at .2 this is why I am worried. I guess a lot of this can go wrong with the low pappa levels, which includes still birth. I'm less worried about downs and more worried about losing this baby. I'm getting my second trimester screening drawn next Wednesday all I can do is pray that those levels are better. Any words of encouragement for me?

bcogoli January 12th, 2013 04:07 AM

Re: Low papp-a levels

I have no experience with this so all i can say is pray and enjoy being pregnant. Its hard to not worry so i wont even try to tell you not to. Im praying for you all.

Dee Darling 3 January 13th, 2013 03:56 PM

:hug: I will pray you for your little bean.

Shanel5 January 16th, 2013 10:27 PM

I had my first trimester blood work done and my papp-a level was .22, my HCG and NT scan was normal. I was put into a high risk catagory 1:8 for DS. I am 35 and this is my third pregnancy. I declined the amnio. I had my 20 week genetic ultrasound today, and there were no soft markers for DS. Everything looks great so far. I did not have the blood work done with my first 2 pregnancies. I did however deliever early each time. My first son, now a 6 came almost a month early and my second son, now 2 came two weeks early. I also had a wierd hemmorage with my last pregnancy that lasted about an hour or so, close to a week before I delivered. I am thinking Ive had the low papp-a levels with each pregnancy, mabye that was the cause of my minor complications. If all your other test come back clear, I would not worry. I would just take it easy during your pregnancy to ease any potential complications. Im sure your baby will be born healthy! :smile: Enjoy your pregnancy. God Bless!

Wee3monkeys January 18th, 2013 12:07 PM

I don't have any helpful experience, but good luck! I'll be keeping you and your little one in my thoughts! Hopefully everything goes just fine!