JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   High Risk Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/)
-   -   Wondering if I have GD already at 12 wks? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/2628890-wondering-if-i-have-gd-already-12-wks.html)

TaraJo29 February 24th, 2013 03:10 PM

Wondering if I have GD already at 12 wks?

I asked my OB at my last visit if I should check my blood sugar yet and she not to even worry about it yet. Well, I didn't listen and have checked it several times in the last few days. The only two fasting numbers I took were 102 and 115. Two hour post-meal level was 138. Five and a half hours after a meal it was 121.

Thoughts?

Should I call the doc and tell them about it??

Last full-term pregnancy they told me fasting levels should be below 100. Does that number apply now, this early on??

bcogoli February 24th, 2013 03:25 PM

Re: Wondering if I have GD already at 12 wks?

I dont think you can get an accurate blood sugar level until mid second or third trimester. During the first half of the pregnancy i think your body is still to out of wack to do blood sugar levels. I know its hard to not worry but try to not think about it.

Overall how are you feeling?

Coffee_Bean February 24th, 2013 04:18 PM

I was diagnosed with GD at 6 weeks pregnant. I was spilling tons of protien into my urine and she put me on meds fast. Bc if not it could lead to a lot of health problems for baby. My numbers need to be between 100-130. I check it 4 times a day. Fasting for an hour in the morning and an hr after each meal. I also eat snacks in between, cheese, protein.

TaraJo29 February 24th, 2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee_Bean (Post 27130316)
I was diagnosed with GD at 6 weeks pregnant. I was spilling tons of protien into my urine and she put me on meds fast. Bc if not it could lead to a lot of health problems for baby. My numbers need to be between 100-130. I check it 4 times a day. Fasting for an hour in the morning and an hr after each meal. I also eat snacks in between, cheese, protein.

What did they tell you the fasting level should not go above?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcogoli (Post 27130132)
I dont think you can get an accurate blood sugar level until mid second or third trimester. During the first half of the pregnancy i think your body is still to out of wack to do blood sugar levels. I know its hard to not worry but try to not think about it.

Overall how are you feeling?

I'm feeling OK. Some headaches, tired, of course, etc. But I know that GD doesn't have many symptoms (if any) so it's not an indication of whether I have GD or not.

Wee3monkeys February 26th, 2013 12:35 PM

Hi! Those numbers are a little high, but not terrible terrible. My Perinatologist tells me my fasting should be below 95, 140 or below an hour after meals, or 120 or below 2 hours after meals. I check mine 4 times a day too. My last pregnancy I couldn't keep my numbers under control no matter how good I ate, and I had to take Glyburide in the mornings which helped enough. This time my numbers are much better with just diet. You're body and every pregnancy seem to be different. I WOULD call your doctor, and talk to them about it. If you have had it before, they should want to test you a little bit earlier than normal, most especially if you are already checking and seeing elevated numbers.