JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   High Risk Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/)
-   -   Pregnant after Tubal ligation??? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/2659420-pregnant-after-tubal-ligation.html)

kmhaney June 17th, 2013 07:48 PM

Pregnant after Tubal ligation???

So I am a mother of 2 girls. I had a tubal ligation (cut and burned) in 2011 during a c section. I had complications after my first daughter, so I have scaring all over my uterus and other parts of my insides. I have been experiencing some symptoms of pregnancy. It didn't even don on my that I could be pregnant until I started having some food aversions. I did have a period this month, but it was very very late and it was very abnormal. I took two tests so far. Both some pink shows where the "positive" line should be, but it's very blurry. Not very faded, but blurry. I'm wondering if that means that positive or the test is messed up. They were two different boxes, but bought together. I'm just wondering if people would take this as positive or negative...... Any suggestion would be great. If positive I will go to the doctor, because I know that 70% are ectopic. I obviously don't want to be preggo, or I would have NEVER gotten the procedure done. So I'm not in my head hoping for this. Although, wouldn't be the end of the world. Thanks in advanced!!!

bcogoli June 18th, 2013 04:44 AM

Re: Pregnant after Tubal ligation???

Hi, first off im so sorry you are dealing with this. My ob always said that even a faint positive on a pregnancy test is still a positive. I think if you suspect your pregnant then you should call your doctor.since most pregnancies after a tubal are ectopic then its not worth the risk. Good luck. I will keep you in my prayers, please let us know how it goes.

Dee Darling 3 June 21st, 2013 05:35 AM

I completely agree! Call your ob and good luck. KUP

farafae89 July 5th, 2013 04:18 AM

Yes Tubal Ligation is good for birth control but such condition never happens after tubal ligation.

rebeccabaltimore and more July 25th, 2013 06:42 AM

Generally speaking, there are no false positives on pregnancy tests. That being said, I had a friend who had a false positive last month. She was having pregnancy symptoms too.

Tubal ligation has a 99% success rate. So in 1% of cases it fails and women get pregnant. This means that it is unlikely that you are pregnant, but still possible. You should definitely call your OB. If you are pregnant, you should consider switching to a high risk OB (called an MFM).

Good luck!

Emma and Avas mommy August 6th, 2013 01:01 PM

Ihad a tubal in 2008. I am 2 weeks late and took a test and got BFP. Going to thedoc in a few to double check

TaraJo29 August 9th, 2013 10:50 AM

There are basically no false positives with HPTs. Sometimes people will say they had one but in reality they were pregnant and then had a very early miscarriage (some people also call this a chemical pregnancy) which just seemed like they got their period and then they have a negative test. But in reality your body cannot make HcG apart from being pregnant. So if you get a positive test it's because an egg was fertilized.

If it's blurry but not faint, it might mean you just peed on it a bit too much and it got water-logged.:p

Definitely go to the doc and get checked out.

JuliaBob September 15th, 2013 11:51 PM

Have your appointment with some experienced OB or Gyne.

Sweetpea24 September 20th, 2013 12:47 PM

My soon to be husband ex wife got her tubes tided 6 yrs ago and she is 6months pregnant. It's possible. I would get a hold of your ob