JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   High Risk Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/)
-   -   Hi Everyone! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/2670417-hi-everyone.html)

rebeccabaltimore and more August 5th, 2013 06:57 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm Rebecca, your new host! Well, I'm not really new, I'm an old host who has come back :) I experienced two back to back high risk pregnancies as well as one medium length high level NICU mom experience, and at the end of all of it I have one stillborn but cute as a button son named Ethan and one perfectly healthy, high energy, talks a mile a minute son named Grant (my siggy is outdated).

I have a Masters in Social Work, with my work experience being in child and adolescent therapy as well as significant lay medical knowledge (I am not a doctor). I'm here to help you all, because if it hasn't happened to me, it's happened to someone I know.

Feel free to message me anytime!

nicolee13 August 6th, 2013 10:41 AM

Re: Hi Everyone!

Hi Rebecca,

My name is Nicole. I am 35 years old (about to be 36 in 2 weeks) and am 7 weeks pregnant with my 4th child. My last pregnancy, 7 years ago, was high risk. My son was born with a birth defect. Well, needless to say, I'm very nervous this time around. I am 7 years older and since have been diagnosed with asthma. I haven't been to the doc yet, have my appt on the 21st. I was wondering if you think i will be considered high risk again this time, considering I am 36 years old with asthma and had a previous high risk pregnancy.

rebeccabaltimore and more August 7th, 2013 10:49 AM

You'll at the very least have a consult with a MFM (high risk OB). And you may see one at the end of the pregnancy. It will all be determined by the specifics of your last pregnancy and your situation right now. Asthma is not an automatic determiner of high/low risk. I have asthma and it was not a factor in my risk status. But if your asthma is bad, then it can be.

A high risk OB isn't that different than a regular OB. You go to more frequent appointments and they monitor you more closely, but they do the same things. Assuming things are going well, appointments are boring at MFMs too. Weight, pee in a cup, blood pressure, how are you feeling, etc.

Fall October 17th, 2013 02:07 PM

HI,
I'm wondering if I belong here or not. I am on pregnancy number 8 3 live 4miss. Plus we found out Tuesday that we're expecting twins....my OB office has me as high risk for having twins...This is a first for me and I'm a little scared ok more then a little.

Boos Moo October 17th, 2013 04:04 PM

Welcome back Rebecca!
Fall whether you 'belong' here or not, feel free to stay around, share your stories, and seek advice anytime. Or just vent. And congrats on your twins.