JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   High Risk Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/)
-   -   Measuring 6 weeks and 2 days, no fetal pole - scared (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/2684861-measuring-6-weeks-and-2-days-no-fetal-pole-scared.html)

csl2009 October 10th, 2013 10:19 AM

Measuring 6 weeks and 2 days, no fetal pole - scared

I am unsure if this is the forum to post this in, but here it goes..

This will be a bit long but could really use some input...

LMP: August 31

Period came 4 days late but I also stopped taking birth control pills that month so it was not surprising. Period was normal. Cycle lengths vary between 28 - 33 days. I did not keep track of ovulation.

BFP: September 22
Based on LMP it put me at 3 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

I tested 9/19 and got a BFN

I had brown spotting from 9/24 - 9/30 (I also had spotting issues pre-pregnancy).

HCG levels:

9/22: 60
9/24: 136
9/26: 442
9/28: 447
10/02: 5010
10/04: 8294
10/07: 17,000's (ER didn't give me an exact number)

I had an ultrasound done on 9/26 (estimated at 3 weeks 5 days based on LMP). Findings were a collection of fluid which appeared to be in the uterus which was the possible start of a gestational sac forming.

I had another ultrasound on 10/02 (estimated at 4 weeks 4 days based on LMP). Findings were a sac which appeared to be in the uterus but also possibly a pseudogestational sac due to ectopic. Thought they saw beginnings of yolk sac (when it was zoomed in you could kinda see it). Sac measured 5 weeks and 6 days (9 days ahead of estimated weeks pregnant)

10/07: I had an ultrasound done. Pregnancy confirmed as in the uterus. However, gestational sac measuring 6 weeks 2 days (based on LMP I am only 5 weeks 2 days). Sac obviously grew, yolk sac grew but ER doctor concerned at my HCG level and weeks gestation (based on sac size) that nothing other than a yolk sac is being seen.

I did the clearblue pregnancy test with weeks estimator (I know it isn't always accurate).

9/22: Said 1-2 weeks which made sense at 3 weeks 1 day
9/29: Said 2-3 weeks which made sense at 4 weeks 1 day
10/03: Said 3 + weeks which made sense at a day shy of 5 weeks.

Progesterone level checked last Friday: 40

I saw my OB 10/08 and he is concerned that my gestational sac size is dating the pregnancy 6 weeks 2 days (0n 10/7) and my HCG levels are over 17,000 but all that is being seen on the ultrasound is a yolk sac. I'm quite certain I had to have been at least 6 weeks as you could see the gestational sac and yolk sac transabdominally and I dont think you usually can until at least 6 weeks into your pregnancy. I did have it done transvaginally as well. So my question is..

Has anyone had an ultrasound done around 6 weeks 2 days, not seen a fetal pole and had a normal pregnancy?

Any other words of advice on this situation is greatly appreciated. I have a ultrasound scheduled next Thursday and if no fetal pole is seen doctor wants to re-draw my hcg levels and mosy likely discuss a d and c for the following week. I am so scared right now.

rebeccabaltimore and more October 12th, 2013 02:11 PM

Re: Measuring 6 weeks and 2 days, no fetal pole - scared

I had three sacs, no poles, nothing. It was 6w 4d. I did fertility treatments, so my dates couldn't be argued with. The doctor didn't hold out much hope. He was an ******* too.

One week later, at 7w 4d, there were three babies. My doctor said he'd never seen anything like it.

Boos Moo October 12th, 2013 03:01 PM

Hang in there, I hope you get back in to be seen soon. Hugs.

lovemylittlemiss October 23rd, 2013 02:07 PM

I know this is an older post but I'm going to comment just in case someone else in a similar situation sees. I had an u/s at 6w1d/6w2d...I was measuring 2 weeks behind with just the gest. sac showing. No yolk sac, no fetal pole. I prepared myself for the worst but 12 days later I was measuring on track again. I'm 11 weeks right now and was able to find the heartbeat today on my doppler :) I don't trust early u/s anymore...I think they can be very off because everything is still so small. I have heard this happening to several other women as well. Hope everything works out for you!

kindertouch November 5th, 2013 05:41 AM

Hope you're doing okay. Sometimes we tend to get excited and getting ahead of the things. Just pray that everything will be okay.