JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   High Risk Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/)
-   -   High blood pressure and beta blocker (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/2698007-high-blood-pressure-and-beta-blocker.html)

Jaymarie07 December 13th, 2013 09:43 AM

High blood pressure and beta blocker

Has anyone had any experience with being put on a beta blocker during pregnancy for high blood pressure? My normal blood pressure is 110/ 70 and when I got pregnant it jumped to 130/90 and my appt yesterday was 137/98..... I know it's for the best to take a beta blocker to get my blood pressure down but it makes me really nervous taking anything that will mess with my heart. Any one had experience with this medication and had good outcomes? Such as being able to avoid pre eclampsia while taking it? Any reply would be appreciated .. Thank you ps... I'm only 15 weeks along

Boos Moo December 14th, 2013 06:47 AM

Re: High blood pressure and beta blocker

I haven't, but from what I've read there are a lot of heart meds that are safe to take while pregnant. Wishing you lots of luck.

Jonesyslady January 1st, 2014 11:40 AM

Hi! I was on lisinopril but since I found out im pregnant 5 days ago my doc switched me to labetalol... so far it has been making me shaky and my heart race a bit but my bp is slowly coming down from 180/80. It only got that high from being off meds for 2 days!!! grr. I understand your feelings on meds. I know im a nervous wreck worrying about my baby.

CooperDupersMomma May 23rd, 2014 12:07 PM

I was on Labetalol for my 1st pregnancy and I'm currently on it this time around. My blood pressure started creeping up there and my doctor felt it was time. It's honestly reduced my BP a great deal and my doctor seems content. I have to have more blood tests and ultrasounds while on it, but I'm okay with that. Whatever keeps the baby and myself healthy and happy, I'm good with.

shirley_ann July 10th, 2014 07:14 PM

My third trimester is when my blood pressure went haywire. I was starter on one med and upped in dosage until maxed. Then they added a second med. I ended up being hospitalized. I was eventually flown as an emergency to another hospital when my blood pressure spiked to it's worst and would not come down. They feared I would have a stroke or seizure. I was hooked up to a catheter and magnesium sulfate iv. That was the only thing that could bring my blood pressure down by the end of it. I ended up having severe pre eclampsia and help syndrome and delivering my baby at 32 weeks. Take the meds. It could save your life. Theres pregnancy safe meds. Good luck!