JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   High Risk Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/)
-   -   Missed Progestrone! HelP Please! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/2707972-missed-progestrone-help-please.html)

K1973 February 12th, 2014 07:25 PM

Missed Progestrone! HelP Please!

HI, IVF with ICSI, had my 3day transfer on Jan 28th. Began 1 cc progesterone in oil that night. get it 1 a day in the butt shot! supposed to have it for 9 more weeks.. Got my positive preg test this Monday Feb 10th. levels were, hgc-291, progesterone - 105, estradiol-581. Today, wednes I had my 2nd blood test and my hgc levels were 643. I just realized I ran out of doses! And unable to get in touch with the office tonight. I ordered more but the shipment will not arrive until tomorrow, depending on snow in my area. what should I do?! I am very nervous something bad will happen or worse!! I am trying to stay calm but I have no idea what to do. because I am missing tonights shot and if this is a bad storm fed ex might not deliver my shot tomorrow so I could miss that one too!! has anyone else ever done this, and had the worst case happen? Trying not to say those words but freaking out over here.

geogeek February 12th, 2014 08:18 PM

Re: Missed Progestrone! HelP Please!

I am sorry. I have never had to take shots, but I have had to take supplements every first trimester. I have missed doses with my pregnancy with my daughter and the boy I am carrying. There is some over the counter progesterone cream you can get in the meantime at your local drug store if that helps you worry less. I hope the shipment comes soon. :dothug:

Boos Moo February 12th, 2014 08:55 PM

I've never had shots, but wanted to send some hugs and say I hope your shipment comes quickly.

KMH February 14th, 2014 01:56 PM

First, congrats on your pregnancy :greencheer:

This was a fresh cycle? If so you should be just fine...the progesterone is just a precaution. If it was over a hundred last time, that is outstanding. I actually discontinued the PIO shots at 16dpo with my first pregnancy and was A-Okay :)

Give your doc a call, though...you might be able to have them give you a shot at the office if they have some on hand.

rebeccabaltimore and more February 19th, 2014 01:29 PM

Generally speaking, if missing a dose of a medication will cause serious harm to you or your baby, they tell you that up front. And they make you sign lots and lots of paperwork to prove that they told you. And offhand, I can't think of any pregnancy supporting medications that would have a massive problem if you missed a dose. I think you will be fine.