JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   High Risk Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/)
-   -   low amniotic fluid (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/595740-low-amniotic-fluid.html)

melissafecher June 3rd, 2007 04:56 AM

does anyone know ANYTHING about having low amniotic fluid? it was spotted on friday while getting an ultrasound done. the office has been so worried about going into pre-term labor because of having a short cervix that i hope they didn't miss something else medically wrong with me....

let me know if you ladies know anything. because what i heard is not good

klfc28 June 3rd, 2007 09:48 AM

My friend had it when she was 19 weeks pregnant and her outcome was not good but it was due to a rare infection that is undectable.

From what I heard, you can ask about an amnio-infusion. That might work for you since you are much further along. I would think they would have checked you into the hospital for further monitoring but maybe its not too bad.

good luck!

Momo June 3rd, 2007 06:12 PM

I had low fluid in my third trimester during one ultrasound. Amniotic fluid fluctuates and now that it's getting warmer it's very important to drink lots of water. I drank tons when I found out and a week later it was back up to normal. They kept a close eye on it until I delivered but it never dipped back down. Often it's just something that happens for no apparent reason and I bet you could boost it with drinking TONS of water. Try not to worry too much, unless it's severely low it's usually something that can be managed.

melissafecher June 9th, 2007 05:16 PM

my fluid level went form 8.9 to a 7.2 (which is still in normal range) but the dr was concerned enough to now send me for weekly NST tests...

Momo June 9th, 2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

my fluid level went form 8.9 to a 7.2 (which is still in normal range) but the dr was concerned enough to now send me for weekly NST tests...[/b]
Yeah, I had to get those too. Just drink drink drink hon and take it easy. Make sure you are getting plenty of water. It really does help. :dothug: I'm glad you have such an observant dr. That's always comforting!

Gorman June 11th, 2007 08:42 AM

I had that too when I was pregnant with my second. It was noticed at 35-weeks and I drank lots of fluids. Things were just fine. Are your measurements different as far as fundal height, or is that still measuring okay?

~~~Sara~~~ June 28th, 2007 03:26 PM

How is your levels now, have you been drinking LOTS of water and fluids?

Hope things are better!

Cindermella June 28th, 2007 04:13 PM

Her levels are completely depleted. Check her siggy.... She has a pretty little baby

~~~Sara~~~ June 28th, 2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Her levels are completely depleted. Check her siggy.... She has a pretty little baby[/b]
Duh! Ohhh a beautiful baby! Thanks for the update.