JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Fort Mcmurray home birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1025868-fort-mcmurray-home-birth.html)

Ibtissam April 17th, 2008 10:18 AM

Hi everyone

Just wondering, does anyone know any doulas or midwives in Fort McMurray AB that would assist with a homebirth? Preferably water birth? is there anyone that has had one in Fort Mac?

Thanks!

soImarriedAnerd April 17th, 2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Hi everyone

Just wondering, does anyone know any doulas or midwives in Fort McMurray AB that would assist with a homebirth? Preferably water birth? is there anyone that has had one in Fort Mac?

Thanks![/b]
I don't know any but if you find some PLEASE PM me....we will be TTC our first in June and it looks like we will be headed up to Fort Mac for an assignment this year. So i would need a midwife (hopefully) for prenatal care.

ShawnaCAN April 18th, 2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Hi everyone

Thanks![/b]

I'm pretty sure there's a lady in Fort Mac who's training as a midwife - she's in the Canadian Mommies forum. Off to find her...

We're in Lethbridge, but our midwife is from Montana. She's willing to travel anywhere as long as you pay her way - she's gone all over the world to attend births for people. She's done 3 home water births with us now. Let me know if you want her contact info.

_Brandy_ April 20th, 2008 05:03 PM

I am in Fort McMurray, Ibtissam, I believe you have emailed me thru Birth Choices already, I will be emailing you very soon.

As for registered midwives living in Fort McMurray, there are none. Midwifery in Alberta is very hard to find. As for registered midwives elsewhere in Alberta willing to travel here, currently, there are none.

BUT, there are options. There are unregistered midwives in Alberta that will attend, there are midwives from other locations (such as the US) that will attend. There are traditional birth attendants living in Fort McMurray that will attend. There is also unassisted childbirth as an option.

You will be hard pressed to get anyone to commit to attending you over the internet, this leaves a "paper trail" and there are a lot in this city that would be all too happy to catch someone and have them arrested.

What I recommend, when you arrive in Fort McMurray, come find me and we can talk. *wink wink*

D_Sizzle April 3rd, 2013 11:06 AM

Re: Fort Mcmurray home birth

I know this is an old thread, but has does anyone have any updated information?