JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Silly Waterbirth Question! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1039547-silly-waterbirth-question.html)

chlodoll April 26th, 2008 09:10 PM

When I take a bath my hands and feet get wrinkly really fast and it starts to hurt if they are in the water to long. Now I know when I am in labour there will be a greater pain occurring but I keep thinking about how annoying my hands and feet are going to feel! I guess my question really is how long were most of you in the water for? And was wrinkly bath tub skin ever a problem? :lol:

^RaineDrop^ April 27th, 2008 02:05 PM

I haven't had one, I wanted one but I can't offer you any insight :( I was actually wondering about this too though because the other day I had to soak my poor foot in some super hot salty water because something stung me, and I could FEEL it start to prune up lol.

Hopefully some ladies with experience pop in!

Mommy2Amara&Kayori April 27th, 2008 02:20 PM

I had a really fast labor. My pool didn't even get filled up all the way. I got in when I was 9-10cm dilated and was in there for a total of 15-20 minutes before I got out. I did deliver the placenta in the pool. So I did not get pruny at all.

I personally don't think you will even think about it, when you are in labor.

Butter April 27th, 2008 02:52 PM

My friend was in the birth pool from about 2 am until her daughter was born around 5:45 am. I'm sure she was pruney after being in there all that time, but I don't remember noticing and she's never mentioned it so I'm guessing the whole laboring, birthing and then having a baby thing takes precedence in your mind and you just don't notice.

*Vero* April 27th, 2008 03:36 PM

I didn't have a waterbirth, but I did spend most of my labour in the tub (like 4 hours) and I don't remember ever noticing that I was pruny!! lol

ragmama April 27th, 2008 08:53 PM

I was only in the pool for about 35 minutes before my DD was born, but I don't remember feeling pruny or anything...you're so focused on birthing that you really don't notice much else! :smile:

Twinkle April 28th, 2008 11:33 AM

I was in the pool for nearly 3 hours. I didn't notice getting pruny or anything. But granted, I really wasn't thinking about it either.

Kelllilee April 28th, 2008 04:08 PM

yes I got "pruney" but it really didn't bother me at all. I didn't really even notice

Motherbird April 29th, 2008 04:51 PM

I spent 7 hours in the birthing tub! But I don't remember pruny skin. I guess i was too preoccupied to notice.

LaLa April 29th, 2008 08:48 PM

2 hours in the tub - dont remember any pruniness :)

I'm betting if there is any - you wont notice. In labor youre just focused on labor. Afterwards, you cant take your eyes off the baby :) lol.

Lala...