JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Hi, I'm new! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1039984-hi-i-m-new.html)

inyourhonor April 27th, 2008 11:35 AM

Hey everyone, I'm new to this board! I'm Marisa, 22 and married to Jason (27). We have a 2 year old son named Gage who was born Jan 4th 06. We're expecting our 2nd child on my husbands birthday, November 21st, 2008. I feel that this one is going to be a Thanksgiving baby. I called my son's date of birth. He went 5 days over. I just had a feeling of the day he'd be born on since it has a special meaning to me.

Well, we're having a home birth with this baby. I had a horrible experience with my first birth that ended up with an unwanted and unneeded c-section. I had my heart set on a VBAC but I couldn't bring it to myself to birth in a hospital again. So, after much convincing of my husband (he wasn't for a home birth at all, then he met our midwife and she answered all his questions) we decided that a home birth vbac will be best for us this child.

So, I wanted to join. I am sure I'll have tons of questions within the next few months. It took me quite awhile to find my midwife since we recently moved from Downstate MI to Upstate MI. This town isn't exactly very VBAC friendly. I went to two CNM's who didn't have supporting backup doctors to do the VBAC. So after feeling let down there, I found a home birth midwife who answered all my questions and took away any fear I had.

I hope to become very active (I'm sure I will within months!).

^RaineDrop^ April 27th, 2008 02:59 PM

Hii welcome! :) I'm Heather, married to Michael, we're both 19 and our daughter is due June 3rd! It's my first and I'm scared beyond all reason, but I know I will get through it. (I have to! lol)

I'm glad your husband is on board for a home birth, it can be really hard to convince them sometimes! I'm going through some issues right now with it vs hospital birth and I'm unsure what I will do, but it helps to have one's husband's support. And I had one heck of a time finding a midwife too! I started kinda late in the game and thanks to my location on this island, my options were REALLY limited.

I am glad you're here, I hope you stick around :)

inyourhonor April 27th, 2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Hii welcome! :) I'm Heather, married to Michael, we're both 19 and our daughter is due June 3rd! It's my first and I'm scared beyond all reason, but I know I will get through it. (I have to! lol)

I'm glad your husband is on board for a home birth, it can be really hard to convince them sometimes! I'm going through some issues right now with it vs hospital birth and I'm unsure what I will do, but it helps to have one's husband's support. And I had one heck of a time finding a midwife too! I started kinda late in the game and thanks to my location on this island, my options were REALLY limited.

I am glad you're here, I hope you stick around :)[/b]

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I was 19 when I had my first, I turned 20 two months later. I was very laid back and calm my first pregnancy. This one, I seem to be very paranoid.

Thanks. It was very hard to convince him. I don't think he saw where I was coming from. My first birth was anything ideal. I was a domino effect c-section. The things I didn't want, they gave me which lead to my section. This time around, I am doing it my way and fighting for what I want. I found a wonderful home birth midwife who said I'm a great candidate for a home birth VBAC.

I plan on sticking around! I have a lot of questions haha. Thank you for the wonderful welcome :)

ragmama April 27th, 2008 09:57 PM

Welcome, Marisa - and congrats on the baby on the way! :D I can't wait to hear about your journey and your VBAC at home. This is a wonderful and supportive board, so anything you want to know or share...just fire away! :smile:

Alison79 April 27th, 2008 10:07 PM

Welcome! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I had my first homebirth after three hospital births back in October. It was an amazing experience. I look forward to hearing about your pregnancy and birth :)

Twinkle April 28th, 2008 12:36 PM

Welcome to the board!!

Mommy2Amara&Kayori April 28th, 2008 01:02 PM

welcome and congrats on your pregnancy