JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   VERO!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1046634-vero.html)

^RaineDrop^ May 1st, 2008 10:32 PM

We can't wait to hear your home birth story!!!! :wub: :cheer:

ZoesMom May 2nd, 2008 02:51 AM

Did she have Delilah yet?!

Butter May 2nd, 2008 03:04 AM

She sure did! http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...owtopic=1078791

ZoesMom May 2nd, 2008 03:39 AM

Yay!!! I was chatting with her on Facebook while she was in labour. I'm so happy for her!! Welcome to the world Delilah!!

^RaineDrop^ May 2nd, 2008 04:45 AM

Ugh darnit you stole my post word for word hahaha

I'm so excited for her!

*Vero* May 2nd, 2008 08:39 AM

Awww thanks!! I'm waiting to get the paperwork from the midwife to be able to tell you a more detailed birth story because to be honest everything happened so quick and I didn't know what was going on most of the time lol...

The short of it is that she was born at home (land birth) at 8:15pm (I think!! lol) after about 3 hours of active labour (and an extra 12 hours of boring run of the mill contractions lol) She was out in about 3 pushes onces I decided to start pushing lol... I was ready to push for a bit before then but I just couldn't get myself to do it.

I have minimal bleeding and felt great enough after the birth that I stayed up and chatted with DH, checked my Facebook etc.

Delilah latched on to the breast like a champ... and though we have a bit of problems with what I refer to as "evil boob" (lol the boob that ELyssa always hated) she is making great progress and will drink from both boobs.... so far she's a very happy and quiet baby....

Oh and she weighed 7lbs 15oz, which is a far cry from the 9lbs and some that the doctor I saw was predicting...

like I said I'll post a more detailed story later... Now I think I will either wake her up to eat or pump... (haven't decided how I want to handle this yet)

LaLa May 2nd, 2008 08:59 AM

:bluecheer: :bluecheer:

CONGRATS!! I was waiting on those details! lol... thanks for updating us. I cant wait to hear even more details! Did you get labor pics?

Lala...

ShaunaB May 2nd, 2008 10:04 AM

Congrats Vero! She's beautiful!

4boys May 2nd, 2008 12:52 PM

Congrats Vero!! She is beautiful!

Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy May 2nd, 2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Awww thanks!! I'm waiting to get the paperwork from the midwife to be able to tell you a more detailed birth story because to be honest everything happened so quick and I didn't know what was going on most of the time lol...

The short of it is that she was born at home (land birth) at 8:15pm (I think!! lol) after about 3 hours of active labour (and an extra 12 hours of boring run of the mill contractions lol) She was out in about 3 pushes onces I decided to start pushing lol... I was ready to push for a bit before then but I just couldn't get myself to do it.

I have minimal bleeding and felt great enough after the birth that I stayed up and chatted with DH, checked my Facebook etc.

Delilah latched on to the breast like a champ... and though we have a bit of problems with what I refer to as "evil boob" (lol the boob that ELyssa always hated) she is making great progress and will drink from both boobs.... so far she's a very happy and quiet baby....

Oh and she weighed 7lbs 15oz, which is a far cry from the 9lbs and some that the doctor I saw was predicting...

like I said I'll post a more detailed story later... Now I think I will either wake her up to eat or pump... (haven't decided how I want to handle this yet)[/b]
Yay congrats!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

^RaineDrop^ May 2nd, 2008 11:02 PM

:D Yeah I wanted to know if you got labor/birth pictures too! That's so exciting I'm glad everything went so well. Let me steal some of those easy labor vibes from you for when my time comes. :lol:

ragmama May 4th, 2008 11:03 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, Vero - she is gorgeous!! :cheer: So her bday is May 1? I want to add her to the arrivals post! :D

Mommy2Amara&Kayori May 5th, 2008 09:53 AM

congrats!!!!

*Vero* May 5th, 2008 12:58 PM

yup! May 1st :)

inyourhonor May 5th, 2008 01:34 PM

Congrats on your little one!