JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Name Help! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1058164-name-help.html)

MelissaM May 9th, 2008 09:02 AM

I'm having a really hard time finding a name for this baby! We had a boy's name all picked out (Alexander) but then we found out we are having a girl! I've been trying and trying but I just haven't found a name yet and now we are running out of time!

If anyone has any suggestions that would be fantastic!

My other kids names are Christopher and Kaitlin and my last name ends in "Y" so no names that end in the "ee" sound.

LaLa May 9th, 2008 10:09 AM

LOl, you may not like my answer :)

We wait till the kids are born :) With my daughter, she was a few days old before she had her name, but it just kinda came to us. We had some wed narrowed it down to, but it eased the stress considerably & her name just fit her ;)

Lala...

Alison79 May 9th, 2008 06:05 PM

I have a Christopher too :) Our daughter's name is Evelyn Maria. If Reid had been a girl he would have been Charlotte Yvonne. Good luck! We didn't pick Reid's name out until I was 41+ weeks pregnant.

Delekatala May 10th, 2008 05:18 PM

Awe, Alexander is a great name :P Have you considered Alexandra?

(And yes I am just forum hopping and am in this forum without even being pregnant, Nor can I do a homebirth due to insane medical issues, LOL. But I guess I am lamenting over what can never be.)

ragmama May 10th, 2008 08:37 PM

I LOVE Alexander...we had it in mind for a middle name if Amelia had been a boy. :smile:

I'm partial to traditional names myself...my girls are Rachael Anna Grace and Amelia Katherine Joy. I've been stuck on Lucy and Sadie lately, playing "what if I have a third girl". ;)

Good luck finding just the right name - it's so hard! Amelia's middle name wasn't final until after she arrived either.

dzt66 May 11th, 2008 04:55 AM

I also think Alexandra is a great option! Or you go could along the same line with Alexis.

^RaineDrop^ May 11th, 2008 06:15 AM

Quote:

I LOVE Alexander...we had it in mind for a middle name if Amelia had been a boy. :smile:

I'm partial to traditional names myself...my girls are Rachael Anna Grace and Amelia Katherine Joy. I've been stuck on Lucy and Sadie lately, playing "what if I have a third girl". ;)

Good luck finding just the right name - it's so hard! Amelia's middle name wasn't final until after she arrived either.[/b]
I LOVE the name Grace. My hubby and I were stuck on Sadie for a while too but everyone kept telling us they hated it because "it's a dog's name!" :angry2: so we scratched it. If you like a name don't let anyone do that to you!

ragmama May 12th, 2008 09:17 AM

Yeah, DH says that Sadie is a "little old lady name" and he hates it. Oh well. I know the *cutest* little girl named Sadie, so I guess that helps my opinion of it. :smile:

Are you planning on having any more, Melissa? If so, I'd reserve Alexander in case your next is a boy instead of using an Alex- name on a girl, but that's just me. ;)

scatney May 21st, 2008 07:20 PM

This may be a dumb question but have you looked in any books. The baby name bible is great. I like names like Meredith, Greta, Nina, Ruby for a girl. My daughters are Nathalie and Sydney. Both "y" endings. But you could do Natalia my daughter who is 6, tells me I should have named her Natalia because it's sooo much prettier.

BTW- Sydney Isabella didn't have a name until after we came home from the hospital. You have time after the baby arrives to submit the paperwork.

Good-luck!

MelissaM May 21st, 2008 09:07 PM

I think we got it!

Isabella Nicole

We won't call her by name until she's born though. I just like to wait to until I'm holding them in my arms to "officially" name my babies. I do like to be prepared though. I've even had opposite gender back up names, just in case, but I've never had to use them.

ragmama May 21st, 2008 10:32 PM

I LOVE Isabella - beautiful choice! :smile:

scatney May 22nd, 2008 07:17 PM

Beautiful name! I love Isabella. It's my DDs middle name.

Good luck!!