JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   angie wants an hbac! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1062116-angie-wants-hbac.html)

shadowdweller May 12th, 2008 12:30 PM

so yes, i read tabloids in the checkout line...and i love angie, and this is the second time we've been pregnant at the same time.
ANYway...star magazine is reporting that "if she can get her blood pressure under control", she and brad are planning an hbac for their twins in july! i was so sad for her when her reported planned "home" waterbirth turned into a c/s...in tbobb, somebody commented that if angie had gotten her home water birth it would have been great for the homebirth movement- but how much better would it be if that waterbirth were a twin hbac?!

MountainMomma May 12th, 2008 11:30 PM

I really sincerely hope she gets her home birth, and that she is VERY vocal about it. I really think that women need to get the word out there about home birth, and all the benefits of it. This is quickly becoming my passion, and people around me think I'm nuts, but I try to talk to EVERY pregnant woman I come into contact with and let them know about the benefits of home birth.

Someone with the 'power' and who is in the public eye like Angie could definitely help spread the word. I hope this happens!

_Brandy_ May 13th, 2008 06:48 AM

Wasn't her first a planned cesarean?

I mean, not to knock her, but if so, I just don't have as much faith in her...

Butter May 13th, 2008 09:03 AM

It was very confusing actually as to what she had planned beforehand.

I don't really believe she'll do it. I think it's just lip service and it's nice to have someone famous actually talking about an HBAC. BUT, the thing about controlling her blood pressure just makes me think she already has an "out" and so it won't happen.

^RaineDrop^ May 14th, 2008 07:23 AM

Why do all these celebrities get twins?? <_< Not fair..
This is big stuff for us though! I do hope she goes through with it. Butter, you make too much sense, now I have my own doubts about it too.. I would love to see it happen though!

LaLa May 14th, 2008 11:49 AM

I also heard her first was a planned cesarean, though there was rumor it was b/c of breech, Im also inclined to believe it had a tummy tuck involved. Call me pessimistic lol.

Ill be surprised if she has a natural birth let alone a vaginal birth, let alone a homebirth.

Lala...

ragmama May 15th, 2008 07:20 PM

I don't remember hearing anything about her plans for her first birth, until it was over and I read about her having a C-section...

It's wonderful that she's even *talking* about having her twins at home - at least it gets the idea out there. And so many people do like her that maybe it'll make them want to learn something new, whether she goes through with it or not.

And I really hope she does. That would be awesome. ;)

inyourhonor May 16th, 2008 12:41 PM

I just read somewhere that shes having the babies in 2 weeks. Dustin Hoffman said her due date was August 19th. Who knows. I would be interested in finding out if she has them at home.