JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   What do you think about home birth VBAC?! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1068880-what-do-you-think-about-home-birth-vbac.html)

Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy May 16th, 2008 01:51 PM

I can't decide what I want! I really want a home birth but I had a c-sec last time. I pushed for two hours and they said I pushed to long, the baby was fine after pushing, she was also head up sunny side up. I thought it was an unnecessary c-sec. I felt like they weren't supportive. They pushed pitocin, epidural etc. one me. I didn't like the hospital birth @ all. They didn't let me walk or take a bath. I would love a home birth. Is a homebirth VBAC dangerous? I think there's only one Midwife in Colorado that will do a home birth vbac. Also my midwife said that I have an anterior placenta. It looks like it's growing in front. I wonder then if they'll let me do a VBAC. I really don't want to have the baby in a hospital. I don't think birthing center in my area do vbac.

LaLa May 16th, 2008 03:17 PM

I would do a VBAC at home before Id do it in a hospital personally.

Also, an anterior placenta should have no bearing on your ability to homebirth, VBAC or no VBAC.

Call the MWs and check :)

WHy dont you like the BC in your area? Is it a freestanding BC?

Lala...

inyourhonor May 16th, 2008 04:44 PM

I am having a HBAC (Home birth after cesarean) my first was an unpleasant experience. Labored for 23 hours, pushed for 1 1/2 only for them to tell me they needed to take him. Come to find out, they didn't need to take him. I recently got my records of my sons birth, they pushed pitocin, morphine, I got an epidural because of the pain from both pitocin and morphine. The epidural slowed my labor down, which meant they pushed more pitocin. I'd change so much about my first experience. I wish I had known they didn't have to take my son by section. I was 19 and felt pressured into it. He was posterior so I was going to labor and push longer then usual.

But, I won't go back to a hospital unless I absolutely have too. I found a great home birth midwife and we are having this baby at home. I'm nervous about going VBAC but I have 100% faith in myself that I can do this.

It wont hurt to contact the midwife who does the home birth to set up a meeting and talk to her.

Alison79 May 16th, 2008 05:16 PM

Have you seen the move The Business of Being Born? If you haven't I highly recommend it. I went to a screening locally and they had a panel discussion afterwards and almost every question was about having a HBAC. I would definitely meet with your local midwives and go over your options. My best friend is looking into a VBAC, probably at a birth center but most of our local home birth midwives also do them.

^RaineDrop^ May 17th, 2008 05:35 AM

What do I think about it?

GO FOR IT! :cheer: We'd all love to hear your experience :)

UrbanMomma May 17th, 2008 08:27 AM

My first c/section was with baby #4...a complete UNNECESEREAN!! After that I decided to have an HBAC. It went great!! Both my daughters were born at home and my son (baby #7) was a planned homebirth. Unfortunately the placenta started pulling away at a lil past 38 weeks and I ended up at the hospital with an emergency c/section. Now I am due with baby #8 and am planning another HBAC.

I really believe your chances of having a VBAC at all are much better at home.