JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   newbie (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1074504-newbie.html)

booboobunny May 20th, 2008 03:46 PM

Hi i've been lurking on here. Just wanted to introduce myself !! My name is Dana and baby #2 is due Dec. 2. Though dh isn't too keen on the idea i've badly want a homebirth. Just recently he caved in and said "okay" but i'm still not sure if he is signed on for it. I am interested in water birth at home. Im not 100% if i'm able to do that because i had B strep and gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy. As of now i'm clear of diabetes. My nurse midwife says that she is not sure whether or not i will get it again this time around but i am at risk for it. And also know i'm at risk for having B strep again. Any ladies have any ideas ??? and if anyone is from Georgia and they know any good midwives please pm !!! thank you !!!!!!

ragmama May 21st, 2008 06:51 AM

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your little one on the way! :D I hope everything works out so that you can have your home birth. I'm sure someone here will have good information for you...my midwives weren't overly concerned with GBS as there are things you can do to help with that, but I'm not so sure about GD. :confused:

andi2284 May 22nd, 2008 07:24 PM

Welcome Dana, it looks like we have a few December moms hoping for home births!
DH was really hesistent too, but I think I talked him into the home birth. We haven't discussed it in detail anymore, but I'm pretty sure he's just handed it over to me to make the call. I'm still in love with the birth center I found, but I also love the idea of a home birth. In the end, it will depend on our location.
I asked about GBS on here, I also was positive with my first DD. I was told there are things you can do to prevent it, and I plan to talk about it more with my m/w when the time is closer. If you search back a page or two, you might be able to find the post though.
I found midwife reccomendations from Mothering.com forums. There's a "Find your Tribe" section and you should be able to get responses from local moms with reccomendations for you.

Isaeph May 24th, 2008 03:20 PM

There are definitely ways you can treat the gbs without antibiotics. Putting cloves of garlic "up there" in the days/weeks before delivery can kill it. And there is something called hibiclens too, thats a wash that you put up there. As for the GD, I guess it would depend on how your mw felt about it. It's not like the doctor manages your GD everyday, you do, AT HOME, so I don't see why that would be a problem imo. How big was your dd? I've read homebirth stories with GREAT outcomes of mom's with big babies (which is one of the concerns of GD right?).