JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Birthing outfit ? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1084409-birthing-outfit.html)

booboobunny May 27th, 2008 06:22 PM

What do you plan on wearing during labor. i labored mostly at home with DD and i was butt naked lol. i was so hot and irritable having cloths on was a nusiance. I was thinking with this labor i will wearing something loose fitting (sarong or tub dress). And then probably before the delivery is over i will be naked.

Alison79 May 27th, 2008 06:59 PM

I wore a sports bra and a pair of DH's elastic waist shorts.

littlebabydolly May 27th, 2008 07:12 PM

I might have a sports bra or maybe loose fitting short and sleeveless nightie handy. If the mood strikes me, I guess I'll be naked as a jay bird!

^RaineDrop^ May 27th, 2008 09:08 PM

I'm not sure what I'm going to wear anymore, I don't want a gown and I don't want to be naked either, so I'm going to try to wear something of my own! I don't even own a sports bra anymore :(

*Vero* May 28th, 2008 05:03 AM

I wore a dress that is meant to be worn over a bathing suit!

I bought it just for labour and it was perfect! The waist line was just under my bust and the rest flowed away from my body and the really revealing neckline made it super easy to breasfeed!! I felt nicely covered during most of labour and had no garments to remove when I needed to be checked or when it came time to push!!

For me it was more comfortable then my other birth (that I did naked! )

UrbanMomma May 28th, 2008 08:02 AM

whatever I have on when the time comes. I had on jean capris and a tank with my youngest daughter until it was time to push.

Lonomia May 28th, 2008 01:18 PM

In the tub I will be naked but for walking around the house I am thinking of getting a loose, flowy cotton nightgown (tank top style). It will keep me cool and if it gets wet it will dry quickly.

Mommy2Amara&Kayori May 28th, 2008 05:29 PM

I wore a t-shirt and pajama pants until I got into the water. In the water I wore just a tank top, but I had it pulled up so it looked like a sports bra

Pyrodjm May 28th, 2008 09:02 PM

I have a two-piece swimdress, similar to a tankini but more flowy I plan to where the top while in labor.

LaLa May 28th, 2008 10:46 PM

I went into labor late at night, so I had on pajamas, and from the video & pics it wasnt the cutest set either lol. I think it was a white tshirt with black pants with hot pink flowers on them lol.

Eventually I got checked, and there went the pants. I got into the tub & there went the shirt. I ended up having her in just a bra lol.

Lala...

Butter May 29th, 2008 06:19 AM

I'm a birth stripper. Clothes come off a little at a time for me. I plan to wear my tankini top (which actually comes down to my mid-thighs (it was custom made for me and that's how I wanted it) if I get in the birth tub. Who knows if that will stay on or come off.

JackieRose May 29th, 2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

I wore a dress that is meant to be worn over a bathing suit!

I bought it just for labour and it was perfect! The waist line was just under my bust and the rest flowed away from my body and the really revealing neckline made it super easy to breasfeed!! I felt nicely covered during most of labour and had no garments to remove when I needed to be checked or when it came time to push!!

For me it was more comfortable then my other birth (that I did naked! )[/b]
I was just planning on wearing a sports bra and I was still unsure about what i was going to wear for shorts/pants but I figured whatever it was would have to come off in the water anyways. But, I hate being naked and I am super modest and I know I could not be naked!

But that bathing suit cover up sounds like a great idea...I guess I have more clothes planning to do hehe

Britt May 29th, 2008 04:42 PM

I'm a free-bird when it comes to being at home! Hell, I'm half naked now! haha. (sorry--tmi) I hate wearing clothes around the house--so I assume I'll probably be naked, or maybe wearing a nice loose tank top or something. The baithing suit cover-up sounds like a good idea!