JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Is HomeBirth possible with Twins? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1099574-homebirth-possible-twins.html)

Willowkarr June 6th, 2008 04:26 PM

My midwife thinks I may be having twins, that one might be hiding. Hopefully we'll find out for sure on the 27th, but I was wondering if HB is still possible if we are having twins. Really it is the Lotus Birth that means more to me than a HB, but hospitals won't allow me to do a Lotus Birth.....I have researched HB for almost 2 years now, because Jenni was supposed to be born at home, but DH chickened out, but out of all of that research, I can't say that I remember seeing anywhere about HB w/ twins. Any info?

Alison79 June 6th, 2008 04:47 PM

My friend just delivered her twins at home a few weeks ago. This is her blog if you'd like to read about her journey: http://babyhayes5.blogspot.com/

ragmama June 6th, 2008 06:11 PM

I've read tons of stories about twins born at home, so it's definitely do-able. And how exciting for you - I can't wait to hear an update on the 27th! :D

Willowkarr June 6th, 2008 06:32 PM

Oh thanx for that link, I'm checking it out right now! I am so happy to hear that it is do-able! I was almost dreading twins just because I didn't think it could be done at home. I have always wanted twins though, I can't wait to find out for sure. I will most definately let you know what I find out on the 27th. Any other stories GREATLY appreciated!!!

shadowdweller June 7th, 2008 11:38 AM

you bet it is! watch this! it's freakin sweet, all about multiples!

_Brandy_ June 7th, 2008 12:30 PM

I know women that have homebirthed twins both with a midwife and also unassisted.

Anything is possible.

Butter June 7th, 2008 03:06 PM

I know several people who homebirthed twins both with a midwife and unassisted.

Isaeph June 8th, 2008 02:30 PM

We'll be UCing twins if we're ever blessed with them. I think the story mentioned above was really quite amazing. It was pretty much the most "dangerous" set you can have-a breech baby A and head-down baby B-apparently their chins can get locked...anyways, that story just gave me that much more confidence!

Willowkarr June 9th, 2008 12:07 PM

Aww shadow, that page "Has been denied access" from my school, grrr.....

Alison79 June 9th, 2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

We'll be UCing twins if we're ever blessed with them. I think the story mentioned above was really quite amazing. It was pretty much the most "dangerous" set you can have-a breech baby A and head-down baby B-apparently their chins can get locked...anyways, that story just gave me that much more confidence![/b]
Yes, it could have been a very different outcome if things hadn't lined up perfectly for her little ones. She had a previous UC birth but this one she knew from early on, even before she found out that she was having twins that she would need different support with this birth. She mentioned that delivering a breech, especially footing was an entirely different experience because her body didn't react in the same way as when she birthed her vertex baby. I just wanted to clarify that these weren't UC births, I totally missed that in the original post.

Isaeph June 9th, 2008 05:33 PM

Oh yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that too. I read her stuff on another site also and remember her saying she felt led to seek care. Which is exactly how I feel too, you will just know that you need help! Amazing story.

shadowdweller June 10th, 2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Aww shadow, that page "Has been denied access" from my school, grrr.....[/b]
lame!
well, it's a photo montage, women who have 'defied the odds' and had natural births with multiples. the text directly addresses the myths about multiple births (always a c/s, not if multiples are your first, not by vbac, multiples are always early, blah blah blah). it's pretty cool. 22 vaginal twin births, some in the hospital, some at home, some unattended, and even some with 'complications' that often result in a c/s with singles- hbac, preemies, a single footling/double footling set, a couple other breech babies, one to an 'advanced maternal age' mama with high bp. the last birth is a home waterbirth of triplets!