JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Documentary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1264778-documentary.html)

inyourhonor October 7th, 2008 05:52 PM

Lets say you've been approached by someone who is filming a documentary about home birth with and without assistance. They'd follow you for your pregnancy and be there for the birth and a little bit afterwards.

Would you participate? Why or why not?

UrbanMomma October 8th, 2008 09:14 AM

--Sure. To show the often neglected "other side" of birth...the out of hospital births.

DoulaMama October 8th, 2008 02:06 PM

possibly- more them likely I'd want someone I personally choose to film the birth- rather then a stranger.

Mommy2Amara&Kayori October 8th, 2008 08:57 PM

maybe I am pretty shy though

justjaQ October 9th, 2008 12:23 PM

absolutely. i watch the shows on tv, and always think, "i wish i had a such a lovely reminder of my pregnancies and births."

MountainMomma October 11th, 2008 06:51 AM

possibly. I would want to see the footage before it was shown to the world though, and be able to say "I'm sorry, but no, you can't use that part." (only if they had captured a moment that was just too intimate to share with the whole world.

Lash October 11th, 2008 01:36 PM

Without a doubt and dont care about compensation.. I just want more homebirth video out there!

MrsPil October 11th, 2008 08:19 PM

I wouldn't. I'm not a public performer - I didn't let my body let go and progress and really get into my birthing space until everyone had left me alone. And that? Was with people I knew. Put a stranger in the room with me and you're asking for trouble.

I would have no problem with a video camera hidden discreetly in the room somewhere, confident in the knowledge that I could edit as choose before letting anyone see it. But a full on documentary crew? No way no how, will not ever happen.

Isaeph October 14th, 2008 05:41 PM

I would if it were just me involved, but dh is a very private person and wouldn't have it. Thats ok with me. ;)

~Jackie October 18th, 2008 07:01 AM

I would! We need it out there and I wouldn't have to document anything myself, that's their job! LOL!

littlebabydolly October 21st, 2008 10:01 PM

I wouldn't because I know I will be private in labor and birth. I really relate to the private, quiet, dark womblike state of giving birth. I think this is how I will operate best when the time comes.

Kelllilee October 25th, 2008 09:26 AM

absolutely! My DH might be concerned about it, but oh well. lol

I always wish I lived where they film A Baby story so I can go on there to show that natural birth doesn't mean screaming, cussing, and immense pain.