JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   What do you ladies think about.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1268036-what-do-you-ladies-think-about.html)

Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy October 10th, 2008 12:39 AM

unassisted childbirth but a VBAC? I don't want to have another c-section and I had such an awful time in the hospital with all the interventions last time that I don't want to labor in the hospital. I think I'll have a panic attack there and close up and not dilate. What if I had baby at home and called 911?

inyourhonor October 10th, 2008 08:10 AM

Is it something you'd be very comfortable doing? I read your last post and understand what you're saying. Me personally, I don't think I could do it unassisted. Only because I'm not sure of all the warning signs.

I think if you are fully prepared and comfortable, I don't see why not.

I'm curious, is your husband supportive of this route?

I wish I could be more help, the thought of going unassisted for myself makes me nervous because of my previous c-section.

Mommy2Amara&Kayori October 10th, 2008 08:27 AM

If you feel completely comfortable, your DH is onboard and you research unassisted births, then I don't see why not.

Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy October 10th, 2008 12:53 PM

My placenta might be low and I had spotting so if I'm denied a home birth I would be scared to death to go to the hospital. I see a home birth midwife now. I know that can be dangerous but with all the medical interventions and a c section is major surgery. I just can't see why I should go to a hospital until it's an emergency. I'm afraid of dying in the hospital not @ home as in I don't think I'd die @ home. If I think about having a baby in the hospital I'll feel like I'm going to have a panic attack.

inyourhonor October 10th, 2008 01:47 PM

Honey! I think that if you think, wait, know you can do it at home with midwife or no midwife. Then do it. I understand your anxieties. That is a main reason why I'm not returning to a hospital for this baby.

Keep us updated on everything, ok?

Mommy2Amara&Kayori October 10th, 2008 01:48 PM

I would feel the same way. I think I would try for an unassisted if I were you. But I would have to have my SO's support, I would not be able to do it alone. I would just be educating myself and my SO about everything

MrsPil October 10th, 2008 07:07 PM

I know quite a few moms who have UBAC'd so I would say go for it. The key to UC is to trust your gut so you know how to respond to your fears, and research research research so you know how to respond to everyone else's.

DoulaMama October 13th, 2008 12:23 PM

I used to be ok with the idea of a UCB, but after a recent homebirth (with an unliscensed midwife) death in my area- I would be too afraid. That woman had an attendent who had some knowledge and training, but even that wasn't enough. She hemmoraged.

so- if you do decide to go UCB- make sure you go to the hospital ASAP if you think anything might be wrong.

Isaeph October 14th, 2008 05:36 PM

Do you know if your placenta is in the front or back? For me, I suppose that would probably affect my decision in your case (and man am I gung-ho for out of hospital birthing). If you have a placenta in the front and a c-section previously, and it's low lying with some spotting, I think I would have to make my decision after having a near term u/s to check on it again...just because the thought of it possibly being grown into your scar some would scare me. If you have no sign of growing into your scar, and it's high enough for the baby to come out first, then I'd UC or HB and pay close attention to how I felt. I wouldn't call 911 after the birth though unless one of you needs immediate medical attention. A friend that is an EMT said he would never want to be transported in an ambulance because of the yuck factor (guess sometimes they aren't cleaned properly).

inyourhonor October 28th, 2008 06:22 PM

Any new recent news Michelle?

~Jackie October 29th, 2008 05:24 AM

Hope you find a happy solution to your problem! **HUGS**