JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Waterbirth Question-- (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1274213-waterbirth-question.html)

Britt October 14th, 2008 06:31 PM

I was just wondering-- I've heard of it being pretty common that a woman may have a BM when giving birth-- and I was just wondering what would happen, if I did that in the birthing pool, while giving birth? Would it pose a threat to my LO, and should I get out of the pool? Or is it even that likely to happen?

Thanks, was just wondering!

cre8tivem October 14th, 2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

I was just wondering-- I've heard of it being pretty common that a woman may have a BM when giving birth-- and I was just wondering what would happen, if I did that in the birthing pool, while giving birth? Would it pose a threat to my LO, and should I get out of the pool? Or is it even that likely to happen?

Thanks, was just wondering![/b]
Happened to me with my second! :blink: :blush: With my first I was completely cleaned out after 22 hours of labor and never had that problem. With my second the labor was 2 1/2 hours and I had absolutly no time to do anything, my body had no time to catch up. It wasn't a problem though, other than being embarassing! :blush: My Dr fished it out with a net and got rid of it. You pull the baby right up to the surface of the water right away, before they take their first breath, so it isn't really a risk at all. And I didn't have to get out of the pool! Thank God! Because I'm not sure I could have been convinced to get out, they probably would have had to drag me out!

Mommy2Amara&Kayori October 14th, 2008 10:28 PM

it didn't happen to me, but I don't think it would cause a problem at all if it did happen, just be embarassing

LaLa October 15th, 2008 05:17 AM

We expected it to happen, but as it turns out i went to the bathroom a lot DURING labor (no fun) lol. We had a little fish net just in case, and it should pose no threat :) Like the others said - you bring the baby up anyways & they dont take theri first breath until they hit air :)

Lala...

Britt October 15th, 2008 07:48 AM

ok, I thought it would be alright, but just wanted to make sure!! Thanks ladies!

thepinkleprechaun October 15th, 2008 04:48 PM

Haha...I'll make a mental note to buy a net! I was actually just thinking about that the other day...I'm sure one of the people at my birth will take care of it if it happens so I don't have to worry about it.

inyourhonor October 15th, 2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Haha...I'll make a mental note to buy a net! I was actually just thinking about that the other day...I'm sure one of the people at my birth will take care of it if it happens so I don't have to worry about it.[/b]
My midwife gave us a list of birth kit items we needed to buy (aside from specifics from 1cascade.com) and in the water birth area it lists nets. I figured thats what it was for haha

Twinkle October 16th, 2008 07:23 AM

I never had a BM during pushing until my waterbirth with Kate.... I felt it coming, and got nervous and embarrassed about it. Obviously it was no big deal to anyone but to me, lol. We used a strainer with a papertowel in it to remove the BM from the tub. No harm or threat to the baby.