JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Freebirthing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1275991-freebirthing.html)

TheOtherMichelle October 16th, 2008 06:33 AM

I already posted in NCB forum. Thought you guys would be interested in checking it out too:

Freebirthing

Twinkle October 16th, 2008 08:25 AM

very interesting, I hope its not too one sided. I plan on DVRing it.

Mommy2Amara&Kayori October 16th, 2008 10:00 AM

thanks for sharing

LaLa October 16th, 2008 12:24 PM

I saw most of it!

The same company that did that documentary is the same one that did the BFing documentary that some friends of mine & I were in!

Lala...

inyourhonor October 16th, 2008 03:07 PM

I'll be DVR'ing it for sure!

~Jackie October 18th, 2008 07:59 AM

Sounds wonderful, however I HATE the advertisment/commercial they had on t.v. to promote it. Basically saying that NCB and freebirthing were WAAAAAAAAAY out of the norm and highly controversial. It was so stupid.

thepinkleprechaun October 18th, 2008 01:01 PM

Well, freebirthing IS way out of the norm! For today's society it definitely is. Actually even home birthing is very unconventional for the United States at this particular time period. I can't remember the stats on it but I think it's only like 3% or 6% of births in the US are at home. And those are usually attended births as well, I would guess that planned unassisted births, or maybe even accidental unassisted are less than 1%.

I hope the show is good though, I have it set up to record.

Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy October 18th, 2008 09:48 PM

Thanks for sharing. I've thought about doing this since I can't have a home birth.

~Jackie October 19th, 2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Well, freebirthing IS way out of the norm! For today's society it definitely is. Actually even home birthing is very unconventional for the United States at this particular time period. I can't remember the stats on it but I think it's only like 3% or 6% of births in the US are at home. And those are usually attended births as well, I would guess that planned unassisted births, or maybe even accidental unassisted are less than 1%.

I hope the show is good though, I have it set up to record.[/b]
Freebirthing is, yes, totally. The commercial was making ANY NCB (or even any attempt) to seem like people were eating gourmet poop for dinner. :lol:

thepinkleprechaun October 19th, 2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Freebirthing is, yes, totally. The commercial was making ANY NCB (or even any attempt) to seem like people were eating gourmet poop for dinner.[/b]
Uh, I'm pretty sure there is a niche for that as well :unsure: :lol: I read about it one time...some people get off on bodily um, excrement shall we say? Yuck, yuck eeew. But yeah, I haven't seen the commercial, hopefully the rest of that show doesn't follow the same trend!

inyourhonor October 28th, 2008 07:19 PM

Did any of you watch it? Thoughts? I watched 1/2 of it, then Jason came home. So I plan on finishing it this weekend. One of the girls in it (Heather) I was actually on another parenting forum with, I thought it was neat.

~Jackie October 29th, 2008 06:29 AM

It doesn't come on regular cable here :(

_Brandy_ November 13th, 2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

It doesn't come on regular cable here :([/b]
I hope to catch it.

~Jackie November 16th, 2008 11:41 AM

How was it?