JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   How's the planning coming along? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1290727-how-s-planning-coming-along.html)

inyourhonor October 27th, 2008 03:03 PM

How is everyones planning coming along?

Ours is pretty good. We're almost done, I have a few things I need to get for the kit. I also need to sit down and think of snacks and drinks I'd like to have in the house when I go into labor. I have to wash a few things and bag it up which I will probably do this coming week. Other than that, I think we're done haha.

CameraLinds October 27th, 2008 05:53 PM

Still going. :lol: Bought a few birth items, still need to order birth kit at 34 weeks, get a few more items around town, wash towels/blankets/baby clothes and get snacks/drinks.

Mommy2Amara&Kayori October 28th, 2008 02:59 PM

sounds like your getting there

~Jackie October 29th, 2008 05:34 AM

We've done nothing. We're completely slacking this pregnancy. LOL!! I won't buy the kit until much later. I haven't bought any clothes or anything for the LO. I do need to buy another mattress, but that's really it.

thepinkleprechaun October 29th, 2008 05:42 PM

Yeah I don't have much stuff done. My shower is on Sunday so after that I'll know what we need to buy. I still have to get some prefolds for the baby, that's a big thing! We need the pack n play....I need to get some breastfeeding accessories, I need to order my birth kit but probably not for a few weeks yet. Oh, I should get a hand pump as well, I'll be getting a double electric from WIC when I go back to work but I want something to help with engorgement.

I think by the time my midwife does the home visit at 37 weeks I'll have mostly everything ready. I want to get our carpets cleaned before then, we might have guests at xmas and they are really gross right now because Aden spills her juice everywhere and drops things on the floor.

We do have a car seat and some clothes! Jeremy's mom said she bought us a bunch of clothes so I'm not worried about that.

booboobunny November 3rd, 2008 04:44 PM

i have my box in the living room. This is what i have so far... Chux Pads, Emergen-C, 2 packs of shower curtains, 3 blankets, 3 towels, witch hazel, pool, and tea tree oil. My mom is bringing down some stuff when she comes in about 2 weeks !

inyourhonor November 3rd, 2008 06:00 PM

My boxes are in the living room also haha. I have a clear tote with all the stuff we had to get at the store. My birth kit that I ordered online is sitting on top of it. Towels and sheets are on top of the bin as well.

Alison79 November 3rd, 2008 07:58 PM

We're pretty well set. I have a lot of supplies left from my last birth. All I have to do is decide if I want to rent the birthing tub but otherwise we're ready for baby.

mamatanya November 7th, 2008 10:23 AM

[quote]
How is everyones planning coming along?

I have not started planning for my birth yet. We just got a dresser for the baby this week, I need to get all of the baby's clothes in the dresser, get its room arranged, and then I will start getting all the supplies ready.

Where oh where is my nesting urge? Before I got pregnant, my house was clean, my laundry was washed AND put away, my sink was clear, my tub was scrubbed, my toilets cleaned, and my floors were mopped. I slacked off for months and now I am trying to get it all done, one room at a time, plus the daily maintanance. I think that I'll plan baby's room for tomorrow. THis is my first lazy pregnancy. I was competely anal during my other pregnancies. Hopefully, I'll be ready by the time baby arrives, lol.