JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   New mummy alert! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1346178-new-mummy-alert.html)

SK. December 9th, 2008 03:48 PM

Hey ladies,
I was hoping it would be okay for me to join you here :smile:

Im SK, currently 19 & engaged to Andy. We have one little boy name Logan (17 nov 07) & Im expecting our 2nd baby; May 2009

I was hoping for a home birth with my sons pregnancy but he had swollen kidneys & it was ruled out - although weve just been given the all clear! :bluecheer:

Ive had my hopes set on a home birth this time around since we began to TTC, although my midwife warned me today that if baby #2's kidneys are swollen I may not be able to have one, so fingers crossed.

I was hoping Im welcome here, specialy until I know for def if the babys kidneys are enlarged, plus I could really do with other home birthing mums support right now;

I told my friend I was hoping for a home birth & that unless the kidneys were up nothing was going to stop me having a home birth (well in my world it wont lol) & Ive just been told that basicly Im risking my babys life & that I dont care about my babys life & if I have a home birth no doubt it will die cause Im being selfish! :unsure: :cry:

With hormones being all over the place & as much as I know its not true & I still want a home birth Im now worried over it all, so Id love to hear from some other home birthing mums about it.

inyourhonor December 9th, 2008 05:57 PM

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! You are more then welcome to join in and post. I hope all is well with your little one and you can have the birth experience you want!

I'm Marisa, your host (Even though I'm slacking right now :/ ) I'm 22, married to Jason and we have 2 beautiful little boys. Gage (3 in jan) was my c-section birth. I was 19 when I had him, everything that could go wrong, did. It was a domino effect which lead to the section. Dane is 11 days old, he is my HBAC baby.

I had many people against me because of choosing to have a home birth after a previous c-section. I showed them that I was capable of doing it at home and I wasn't broken.

Good luck and can't wait to get to know you more!

Alison79 December 10th, 2008 01:41 PM

Welcome! I'm Alison and I'm planning my second home birth. My Mom was somewhat against the idea of home birth but she was there when Reid was born and now understands why we chose to birth at home. As long as your birth team is supportive then do your best to ignore those who are saying negative things. There are a lot of resources out there with statistical data supporting home birth as a very safe way to welcome a baby into the world. I think a lot of people don't understand the level of care you'll receive from your midwife and her expertise in emergency situations as well.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!