JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   For or Against? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1354451-for-against.html)

inyourhonor December 15th, 2008 05:45 PM

How many people in your lives are/were for or against you having a home birth? Whether it be assisted or not.

Kelllilee December 15th, 2008 11:08 PM

I've only mentioned it to a few people since it's still in the thinking about it stage. My BFF is totally for it, she's having one herself. A lot of people around me are okay with it. Only a couple people have mentioned being against, everyone else just kinda smiles and nods... lol

CameraLinds December 16th, 2008 01:32 AM

For the most part everyone has been for (especially after sharing info with them) I think there may have been one or two friends who were/are against homebirths. :(

Xx3Xy0 December 16th, 2008 01:41 AM

One of my sisters know, obviously dh knows lol Might tell my best friend and not sure who else we will tell. My mom WON'T understand, several of my sisters would (especially since one had a UC). My dad and step-mom would understand... not sure about the inlaws (I think she would be supportive but worried, try to talk me out of it but then accept it).

Martina December 16th, 2008 05:07 PM

My Dh was against it, he came around about 2 minutes after the baby was born and said it was the best thing ever!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

inyourhonor December 16th, 2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

My Dh was against it, he came around about 2 minutes after the baby was born and said it was the best thing ever!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:[/b]
It took me a long time to convince my husband to have a home birth. He said ok and was fine during our pregnancy. Now that we've had our 2nd son (the one born at home) he tells everyone he can that it was the most amazing experience ever!

Martina December 16th, 2008 11:04 PM

yeah mine says that too, and he adds that he was always very supportive about it!! MEN!!! He even had his mother talk to me on the phone not to do it!! LOL we already had 2 home births and planning this one to be at home in the pool again.

~Jackie December 17th, 2008 05:26 AM

Josh was a tad resistant, however he warmed to the idea pretty fast. My sister I can tell is against it (even though she hasn't said anything). No one else has said anything negative. I've been pretty lucky so far!

Isaeph December 18th, 2008 05:46 PM

Pretty much everyone was against it except my 3 friends and dh with Ele. With Israel I didn't really care to find out. :lol:

GranolaMamaOf3 December 19th, 2008 09:31 AM

Most people have seemed for it...and only a couple have asked why I would want to, but I think it was a honest question, and not meant to be taken any other way!

x tracey x December 19th, 2008 04:00 PM

hi all ive had 2 homebirths assisted but alot of family were against it but we didnt care its what me and DH wanted and id do it again too

Eowyn December 20th, 2008 09:12 PM

Everyone in my family has been very supportive of it. I haven't come across anyone who's come out and called me crazy to my face yet ;)

inyourhonor December 22nd, 2008 03:33 PM

I had a few people who were against it. My mom was the hardest to turn but she came around. My MIL wanted to interject with our choice of home birth but luckily didn't try. They're all proud of us for doing it and have since come around :)

wifey2kevin December 23rd, 2008 08:56 PM

nobody has said anything against it to my face, but i'm sure some ppl have thought i'm crazy! my mom had 3 homebirth(my smallest sister is 8 weeks older than my daughter) and she is the one who turned me to homebirths.

DoulaMama December 30th, 2008 07:59 PM

almost all are at least ok with it. Since I'm also a student midwife and a doula it's a little different though I think.... my mom almost had a BC birth with my little sister, and got scared into transfering care in her 3rd trimester, then my sister was born blue and with the cord around her neck 3x, and the DR said she (baby) would have died had they went to the center ::) So she's a bit spooked.

I've taken to telling people I'ld like the baby to be born outside if the wether agrees and if it is daytime! :P So that makes people look at my funky!