JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Do you worry?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1365298-do-you-worry.html)

Martina December 23rd, 2008 10:36 PM

I have a question, I am pregnant with number 5, I had first 2 babies all natural at the hospital, and last 2 at home in water.
I am freaked when I see a needle, or a thought of a surgery (c-section, any other surgery) freaks me out to death.
This being my number 5, and considering I never had a problem during any of my pregnancies, I feel like I cant possibly have another easy pregnancy with home water birth!!!!!!!!!
I have nausea and it brings me down, I need to get over these thoughts, and be positive!! Ohh and of course my age creeps up in my mind too lol, I will be 37 when this baby is born, so I just see all the negative things possible!!!

Anybody else feels silly like this???? :brickwall:

kimberlypatton@msn.com December 24th, 2008 05:33 AM

Well, I just HAD to respond to this one! ha ha. I feel EXACTLY the same way and have no REASON to! I'm on number 4. I've had 3 perfectly awesome, all natural, waterbirths. The first two were in a freestanding birth center and the last one was at home. This next is also to be at home. I'm 39...so I hear ya about the age thing but that doesn't really concern me as much as the FEAR that SOMEthing will go wrong. I have felt that with each of my births though. It's ridiculous because I've had pain free, intervention free, tear free, & problem free births. I do sometimes feel like I've been so lucky/blessed thus far that something just HAS to go wrong this time around. I am sure that it's just a hormonal thing since it creeps up EVERY time on me in the last trimester. Anyhow, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in your feelings. Just knowing that others feel the same way is helpful, I think! I'm sure we'll both have awesome births~!

UrbanMomma December 24th, 2008 06:13 AM

I'm 35, 7 days past my edd and planning homebirth number 4 with baby number 8, after two csections mixed in there. So most people think I am a lunatic. I, however, believe this is the safest choice for myself AND my baby. I know there are some risks, as there are with any birth, wherever it may be. I try to stay positive.
I have had concerns in the past about having had seven healthy children and "running out of luck", but I have gotten past those fears.

(((hugs))) enjoy a H&H pregnancy and an easy L&D!!

Martina December 26th, 2008 04:04 PM

thanks ladies, it feels good to know I am not alone LOL.

mamatanya December 31st, 2008 08:16 PM

I have had very similar thoughts and it is comforting knowing that I am not the only one who feels this way!!

Alison79 December 31st, 2008 10:56 PM

Definitely not alone! This is also my fifth baby and I have had increasing anxiety over labor and delivery for no good reason.

Melui January 6th, 2009 07:48 PM

i had my third child at home yesterday and i was very relieved all went well - even though previous 2 births were problem free and fast. a very negative pediatrician didnt help tho.

kimberlypatton@msn.com January 11th, 2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

i had my third child at home yesterday and i was very relieved all went well - even though previous 2 births were problem free and fast. a very negative pediatrician didnt help tho.[/b]
CONGRATS on another successful home birth!!!